Cannot access to the Canopy screen with the new IP

I have a Canopy 2400 sm .
If you change the default address from 169.254.1.1
To another ip address you canot get back in the radio

Do you have the SM directly connected to a PC? If so, you must change the IP address of the computer to the same subnet as the IP on the SM.

For example, if you change the IP of the SM from 169.254.1.1/16 to 192.168.0.10/24 then you need to make your PC 192.168.0.x/24 as well.

Like msmith I think it is a routing issue…

give us more details of the configuration of the PC from where you are connecting and the config on the SM

Must be an end user.

If he was an installer he’d know what to do because he would have read the Canopy Operators Manual…

as much as I would like to agree with you…

today I was called by an IT consultant who is acting as a consultant to one of our 10 site WAN customers…

He asked me if they move from a 196.a.b.0 network to 192.168.1.0 network would they access to the public internet because he was tols that 192.168. was for private networks…

I’m going to see them tomorrow…

Man, just goes to show, an MCSE certification means diddly

mate I have CCNAs that have difficulty explaining what a subnet mask is

or what is Class A or Class B…

its like… its been a while since I studied this…

LOL! Wow, suddenly I feel smarter.

Jerry Richardson wrote:
Must be an end user.

If he was an installer he'd know what to do because he would have read the Canopy Operators Manual.....

You are right i bought this on ebay because the price was right and i wanted to learn.
We all start some where.
As far as the manual you mean the 496 page manual??
wow I read some of it

if all else fails, read the manual till you get to the part where it shows you how to make a default plug. That will default the SM back to 169.254.1.1.

Easy enough.

If you are going to be working with Canopy, the manual is the place to start, then if you get serious, Canopy Training.

If you are buying this unit to try and access someone’s system. Let me save you some trouble. It won’t work! Unless they allow you access

clueless wrote:
If you are buying this unit to try and access someone's system. Let me save you some trouble. It won't work! Unless they allow you access

No i did not buy it to do that.
The tech that came out to work on it drove 80 miles one way and unplug the power from wall and left saying it was fixed.
How stupid does he thing i am.
So i might as well study up to be a tech.
Any way the unit on the house will drop the signal 50 toimes a day.
Usaly for 5 to 10 minutes then re connect.
i have been on the roof with the laptop and ping it usaly comes back 37 ms access time.
dont know why it drops signal.
Sometime it will drop it for hours at a time.
I dont think it is on my end but i have done all i can till some other company comes along.
Then i will drop This company.
Happy Customers is what keeps you in business.
Yes us END USERS.

This is a forum for Canopy Operators. End users need to get support from their provider. If your provider cannot get you taken care of then yes, you should drop them.

harold4187 wrote:
[quote="Jerry Richardson":kog4vkik]Must be an end user.

If he was an installer he'd know what to do because he would have read the Canopy Operators Manual.....

You are right i bought this on ebay because the price was right and i wanted to learn.
We all start some where.
As far as the manual you mean the 496 page manual??
wow I read some of it[/quote:kog4vkik]

Sorry this didn't mention a tech coming out and working at your house

All of your other posts did mention having trouble!

So I would now quess you are trying to hack into the radio and see how it works?

It will log your entry…

The funny part is how the story changes everytime. Gets more and more fishy every post!

Guys, just ignore his posts. He’s full of it and everyone knows it. He bought an SM on eBay and was hoping to get free service. It’s not working and he can’t get it to work - GOOD.

To quote: “How stupid does he think we are?”

Jerry Richardson wrote:
Guys, just ignore his posts. He's full of it and everyone knows it. He bought an SM on eBay and was hoping to get free service. It's not working and he can't get it to work - GOOD.

To quote: "How stupid does he think we are?"

You assume everone is a thief.
I gave this company $310.00 For install and then 150. in charges
the unit goes down 50 times a day.
One time it was down for 26 days straight.
The tech they sent out just unplug power from the wall and left.
So they not smart enough to fix it so i am trying to my self.
Hope fully the people working for you are smarter.
Mabye that is why this company went out of buisness and sold it off.
THAT STILL LEAVES ME WITH THIS OR DIRECWAY.
WHat do you sugestt. Since they are the only one in town.
DIAL UP ??????????