Cannot get PMP450 AP and SM to board Maestro

I have been able to Board 2 AP's and one SM. But the rest will not load even doing the exact same thing? The funny thing is the SM just boraded itself hadnt even put in the Key or anything. Said loaded VIA AP. Can someone help. I have contacted support but been waiting for a reply back.

Hi Scott,

I have replied to you on the support ticket which you ahve created, please follow that procedure and let us now so taht we can assist you further.

Regards,

Sanjay Kumar

Are you able to onboard ? or still facing the issue ?

We can get them to board but they receive 2 public IP’s. Which we cannot allow, if they board with 1 the customer doesn’t have internet even though they can resolve DNS and can board.

This is the issue I'm having, too. If the PMP450 SM is in NAT mode, it gets an IP address and DNS info for the customer's use, but it doesn't allow DNS access for the  radio itself for on-boarding purposes. If I'm using a /24 subnet for the DHCP server for this PMP450M AP, with 124 subscribers, I really don't want each SM to take up 2 IP addresses (that's not even counting SMs in bridge mode with Apple routers!)

Is there a way (maybe just for onboarding purposes) to let the SM utilize the NAT Public Network Interface DNS info, or will I just have to use the IP address on the AP?

Just for clarification sake, if I do put the "https://x.x.x.x" format in the cnMaestro  URL, it does allow onboarding, even for bridges SMs which do not have any public IP

@dshea wrote:

This is the issue I'm having, too. If the PMP450 SM is in NAT mode, it gets an IP address and DNS info for the customer's use, but it doesn't allow DNS access for the  radio itself for on-boarding purposes. If I'm using a /24 subnet for the DHCP server for this PMP450M AP, with 124 subscribers, I really don't want each SM to take up 2 IP addresses (that's not even counting SMs in bridge mode with Apple routers!)

Is there a way (maybe just for onboarding purposes) to let the SM utilize the NAT Public Network Interface DNS info, or will I just have to use the IP address on the AP?

Just for clarification sake, if I do put the "https://x.x.x.x" format in the cnMaestro  URL, it does allow onboarding, even for bridges SMs which do not have any public IP

I've been told by staff at Cambium that this will be fixed in the soon to be released firmware version 15.1

Just for clarification, when SM is in bridge mode , if SM is not having Public IP address onboarding to cnMaestro server will not work .

We are running the new firmware

That may be how the spec reads, but I can assure you that I have a bridge mode SM with only the default local IP address configured, the on-premises Maestro server's IP in the URL, and it is definitely connected to the on-premises server.

1 Like

@dshea wrote:

That may be how the spec reads, but I can assure you that I have a bridge mode SM with only the default local IP address configured, the on-premises Maestro server's IP in the URL, and it is definitely connected to the on-premises server.

I tried that with the online version. No go so far.

02/14/2017 : 14:23:04 CST : : OpenConnection to 52.200.153.175:443 failed 
02/14/2017 : 14:23:04 CST : : Rand_bytes failed, error code : 0 
02/14/2017 : 14:23:04 CST : : Unable to discover cnMaestro URL (re-discover in 301 seconds)
02/14/2017 : 14:23:04 CST : : Attempting (re)connection in 5 minutes

Onboarding to on premise is working because , On premise  cnMaestro is runnign on  169 n/w itself. To onboard to cloud server SM's should have Public IP

It's just odd that I have 1 of 3 SMs in bridge mode right now that shows online. All have static public IPs. 

Could you please send  the logs  ( Logs -> Device Agent Logs) from not onboarding SM's to subi.s@cambiumnetworks.com

@subi wrote:

Could you please send  the logs  ( Logs -> Device Agent Logs) from not onboarding SM's to subi.s@cambiumnetworks.com

Logs were sent, emails exchanged. Last email I got was on Feb 20th, which I responded to that day. I sent a follow up inquiry Feb 24th with no answer. 

So... I guess I'm outta luck?

If this was meant for me I sent the logs on the 17th and got a thank you email. That is the last email recieved!

Hii,

I had replied to email today. 

Thanks,

Subi

Hi Scott,

From your email what i understood was DNS was not resolving and receving some two IP's .

you were aware of the problem and you was working with Brocade engineer to solve this .

It didn't help ?

Thanks,

Subi