Canopy 400 OFDM

Hello:
Anyone tested this system out to see what it can actually do? We are looking at it, we are getting conflicting reports. Thanks!!!

we are testing it now (one 5.4 PMP and 2 Integrated SM) and are having a difficult time with the product. The AP is 65ft and the remote SM is 30-35ft. There is NLOS and a fait amount of foilage at 1.2 miles. We cannot get any link established.

We currently are using 900MHz and have a solid link that has never dropped in 2 years.

I am not giving up hope, but this does not look promising with NLOS through trees.

Anyone who sold you on NLOS trough trees is full of it.

This are 5 ghz radios…

5.4 is NOT going to work through any foliage at 35 ft off of the ground. period.

Can u say los???

is this the PTP 400 or the ptmp stuff?

ptp400 is end of life

It is a PMP 5.4GHz OFDM. Moto supplied us with demo gear. We did not buy it.

I tested OFDM AP and SM. I spected more…
1 mile appart, 1 big tree in the middle, 0 interferference. -74dbm on the SM -80dbm on the AP

You’re expecting too much from a multipoint system in the 5 GHz band.

If you want NLOS through trees, you need to go 900 or lower.

The problem with 900Mhz is that they offer too little bandwith…
Normal AP get saturated with around 20 of our cust. Advantage around 30.
More expensive AP and SM to handle 10 cust…?

moinavery wrote:
The problem with 900Mhz is that they offer too little bandwith...
Normal AP get saturated with around 20 of our cust. Advantage around 30.
More expensive AP and SM to handle 10 cust...?

I agree with the low bandwidth, but you have to work with what you can get.

What kind of speeds are you reselling your customers that are causing you to get overloaded so fast? You should be able to adjust your sustained and burst settings so that you can provide what you advertise and still maintain some level of consistency for your customers. If you do it right, the only ones that will complain will be the bandwidth hogs.