Canopy GUI Enhancer - Browser Extension

kinda sad matt that this stuff isn't already in the webpage, epmp's interface is even looking more modern than pmp :P

This plugin is great, 

what i'd love to see added

sorting the AP Eval page by Signal level so the best is at top, and maybe add some form of indicator of which AP your connected to if possible?

the status page from the AP needs work, you cleaned up the tables to look nicer but maybe add the highlighting especially for CINR so that we know if we're in 64qam or 256qam territory at one glance.

FInally installed this in Chrome, I do like it! There are great suggestions in here. I'd also love to see some fanciness done on the Data VC page as well as the extraneous highly technical stuff removed from the General page (Although maybe that should be a feature request to Cambium, as honestly it's kind of ridiculous that you have to go looking past inane things like FPGA revision to find actual important stuff like Site Name). FF support would be nice but it's worth keeping Chrome on hand for your plugin!

I do like that disabling the custom CSS doesn't alter the "mods". I've gotten rather accustomed to how the Canopy UI looks and I don't like how the page is drawn multiple times on each load, once to do the original and once with the new CSS. So thanks for making that optional :)

Also, if anybody cares, you should enable the "Graph" option on a page OTHER than the AP Throughput page. I did this while on the Throughput page and the fancy parts totally disappeared. If you set the Graph option while on the Ethernet stats page, it changes to a Graph like you'd expect, and the little text strings showing pps and bps are still on the Throughput page.

Thanks! Keep up the good work!!!

The throughput monitoring on the AP is enough for me. I don't need fancy graphs. I asked for throughput monitoring on the SM a while ago.

What I don't want is a bunch of crap that taxes the CPU on the radios. I'm sure Cambium feels the same.

Thanks to all for the suggestions!

@salad wrote:

Also, if anybody cares, you should enable the "Graph" option on a page OTHER than the AP Throughput page. I did this while on the Throughput page and the fancy parts totally disappeared. If you set the Graph option while on the Ethernet stats page, it changes to a Graph like you'd expect, and the little text strings showing pps and bps are still on the Throughput page.

I cannot reproduce this issue!

What do you think if in the general status page I put the "Site Information" at the top of the page? (screenshot below)

@CSSupport wrote:

sorting the AP Eval page by Signal level so the best is at top, and maybe add some form of indicator of which AP your connected to if possible?

I'll take a look for the sorting option. In the current version there is already an indicator for the "Current AP" (screenshot 1), you can also click on the link after "Current evaluation entry:" to view current AP (screenshot 2).

Screenshot 1

2016-06-13_11-11-17.png

Screenshot 2

@Cyb3r wrote:

Thanks to all for the suggestions!

@salad wrote:

I cannot reproduce this issue!

Weird - might have been an isolated instance! I have no idea how old Chrome is on that laptop!

I like the idea of the tables reorganized into Site Information (both AP and SM), Subscriber Module Stats, Device Information, Key Features Information (if applicable), and then whatever is left. If that's easy for you to do, that would be a great help! Ideally, however, we could have a larger table with the important information grouped in a nice area, like Site Name, Site Location, Device Uptime, Status w/ modulation, Registered AP, Link Uptime, Color code, RX power, and Ethernet status. Anything else could be further down the page, or if you want detailed link info there are much better tabs for that (like Link Status...). But this would be a lot more work, and something we should approach Cambium for, I think!

Wow , amazing plugin! Would be awesome if you can make the throughput tables sortable according to table header. 

@Steph wrote:

Wow , amazing plugin! Would be awesome if you can make the throughput tables sortable according to table header. 

Hi,
Throughput table can now be sorted. Check 14.1.2 Build 19

This is great!!  Any chance of it working with the PTP 650's? or PTP 600's?

Just upgraded from 14.1.2 to 14.2 (30) and noticed something has changed with the throughput tab as the enhancements no longer work on this page.  All other pages continue to work as advertised. 

Thanks for all your work on this extension

Throughput tables are now sorted from Cambium software itself. Do you notice any issues ?

@Luis Mondragon wrote:

Just upgraded from 14.1.2 to 14.2 (30) and noticed something has changed with the throughput tab as the enhancements no longer work on this page.  All other pages continue to work as advertised. 

Thanks for all your work on this extension

Yes, there is an "issue".

I can't pinpoint when it creeped in as I went from 14.1.2 to 14.2 (30).

All was working with 14.1.2 - I'm referring to the operation of the google extension, but I'm sure the root is that naming conventions changed between 14.1.2 and 14.2 on the throughput tab.

Chitrang, if you install the extension referrenced in this thread you'll see the problem.  I'm pointing out an issue with the extension not the firmware, though thats obviously where the problem came in.  

Thanks again to Cyb3r for all his/her efforts.

@Luis Mondragon wrote:

Yes, there is an "issue".

I can't pinpoint when it creeped in as I went from 14.1.2 to 14.2 (30).

All was working with 14.1.2 - I'm referring to the operation of the google extension, but I'm sure the root is that naming conventions changed between 14.1.2 and 14.2 on the throughput tab.

Chitrang, if you install the extension referrenced in this thread you'll see the problem.  I'm pointing out an issue with the extension not the firmware, though thats obviously where the problem came in.  

Thanks again to Cyb3r for all his/her efforts.

I've just updated the extension now it works on 14.2, update will be out soon.

Firefox extension will be available soon (waiting for review)

2016-08-17_17-22-00.png

1 Like

I just wanted to say thanks a lot for maintaining this extension, it's incredibly useful.

Cheers!

The extension is now available for Firefox!

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/canopy-gui-enhancer/

3 Likes

Firefox!!!

Thank you!!!!!!

Awesome!!! Thank you so much!

Ah looks like I'll have to wait for ESR to catch up. Oh well.

Cyb3r,

Don't know why it's happening, but each firmware upgrade breaks the add-on.

I upgraded to 14.2.1 official and it's broken.  It actually stopped working before the official release, but didn't want to bug you during the Betas.

If you could see your way to fixing it again, I know I would appreciate it.

Thanking you in advance,

Luis

@Luis Mondragon wrote:

Cyb3r,

Don't know why it's happening, but each firmware upgrade breaks the add-on.

I upgraded to 14.2.1 official and it's broken.  It actually stopped working before the official release, but didn't want to bug you during the Betas.

If you could see your way to fixing it again, I know I would appreciate it.

Thanking you in advance,

Luis

I'm using the extension with PMP450/450i 5.4/5.8GHz and it works, only MAC Address lookup has stopped working on ARP table.

Are you using chrome? Which devices are you using?

Cyb3r,

Thanks for the quick reply.

All pages on both the AP and SM view are broken.  With and without custom CSS enabled.

I'm using PMP 450 5G APs and SMs running on 14.2.1 Official

I'm viewing with Chrome Version 54.0.2840.59 m (64-bit).

Also inop using Firefox 49.0.1.

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

16 GB RAM

Thanks again

Edited to include PC info

I just tried and it works with custom css disabled. Have you already tried disable/enable extension?

Can you enable "Console Debug" in the extension settings pop-up, open Developer Tools on Chrome then reload the page and paste here the logs under the "Console" tab of the DevTools?

Thanks