Canopy in forested areas

hello

I’m starting up wireless broadband in a cottage area where is no cable or DSL. I have been talking to motorola about the Expedience system, but the motorola rep suggest I look at the canopy system. After reviewing the site and the forum here I not sure that canopy will work for the company. The main issue I have is the most of out customers would not have line of sight to the AP. I have include a link to the map of the areas that we want to serve http://wifi.cottagecable.com. I thought I post my concern here and get some feedback to see if canopy would work or sure I go to the license Expedience system ( I’m looking into to holds the license for my area)

Jason Pitts

If it’s heavy with pine trees, I don’t know what you’ll be able to use, but if it’s mostly deciduous trees, go 900MHz. You’ll get a lot better tree penetration that any of the higher frequencies.

Without giving too much information out… I’ve developed a 900mhz mesh system capable of 5mb/5mb out to 12 hops. It should be ready for actual deployment sometime in the next 6 months. It is non-Motorola but would work well in a situation such as here.

Expedience looks pretty cool. What sort of speeds can one get out of it? The specs sheet is lacking

jason i also am operating a wireless system in ns. with most of my customers being nlos i am getting great results with 900 canopy gear contact me if you like joey@northnovacable.ca and i’ll give you some real time numbers of what you can do with it and more importantly what you can’t do