Canopy release 9.3 coming out!

I’ve read the 9.3 release note and I’m very happy to see some useful improvements:

Several NAT improvements including improved page layout,
ability to ping WAN-side of NAT interface, PPTP (Point to
Point Tunneling Protocol) VPN (Virtual Private Network)
support, and reduced restrictions on the NAT LAN-side IP
address.

Finally!!! I’m looking forward to installing it…
Anyone tried?

Congrats to the Moto team on a great release.

Looks really good. We have now rolled out to entire network

-Paul

Paul McCall, PDMNet.
Canopy Module Repair Division.
658 Old Dixie Highway
Vero Beach, FL 32962
772-564-6800 work
772-473-0352 cell

paulchops wrote:
Congrats to the Moto team on a great release.

Looks really good. We have now rolled out to entire network

-Paul

Paul McCall, PDMNet.
Canopy Module Repair Division.
658 Old Dixie Highway
Vero Beach, FL 32962
772-564-6800 work
772-473-0352 cell

Brave one, you are! After being an early adopter of the 8.x firmware I'm now a little cautious about rolling out a new firmware so soon after release. Please do provide feedback as I'm very interested to see if it's going to be as good/better than 9.0 has been!

Agreed, the spectrum analyzer while an AP is VLANed feature looks good :slight_smile:

I may roll it out on a handful of APs in a few weeks to see how it goes

Updated 2 APs and about 88 SMs on a small test portion of our network. so far so good.

PPTP VPNs now work with NAT enabled. :slight_smile:
I’m going to test Xbox live in the next couple days…not sure if Moto fixed that issue yet.

The new dataVC page on the AP is handy to see if client’s VoIP traffic is getting tagged and sent in the high priority channel.
The new link status page under tools menu is nice to see power levels at both the AP and the SM so you can balance power levels.

I’ll update as i have more info.

seano wrote:
The new dataVC page on the AP is handy to see if client's VoIP traffic is getting tagged and sent in the high priority channel.
The new link status page under tools menu is nice to see power levels at both the AP and the SM so you can balance power levels.

Am I to read that as I no longer have to log into the SM AND the AP to check signal levels? That would make life a whole lot easier.
wifiguy wrote:

Am I to read that as I no longer have to log into the SM AND the AP to check signal levels? That would make life a whole lot easier.

Yes, actually this was already present in 9.0

the dataVC and link status pages were there in 9.0 but the layout and functionality was kind of lame. now everything is in a nice table and you can click a link to go to the SM.

so far no problems…very nice release