Canopy SM Mac Address Changes With Settings

Does anyone have a list of what options change the reported Mac address in Canopy?
Like a bridge will show 0A:00:XX:XX:XX
Nat shows 2A:00:XX:XX:XX:XX

what is 1A, 3A? and are there other prefixes?

Reason I am asking I sometimes see 3A prefix showing up in ARP tables on the router.

hakware wrote:
Does anyone have a list of what options change the reported Mac address in Canopy?
Like a bridge will show 0A:00:XX:XX:XX
Nat shows 2A:00:XX:XX:XX:XX

what is 1A, 3A? and are there other prefixes?

Reason I am asking I sometimes see 3A prefix showing up in ARP tables on the router.

we see 4a with PPPoE enabled on SM's

Very curious about this too. We’re taking over management of a small WISP in the area who runs a flat network with NAT on a bunch of the SMs. This one SM I’m looking at is NAT configured on 8.2.2, with a 10/8 IP on the RF side and 169.254/16 on the inside. The PowerCode server they’re using to control an ImageStream router has the 10/8 IP pointed at 3A, a public IP from an address pool pointed at 2A (although the radio is just using a default gateway of 10.0.0.1, and there is no NAT setting I can see turned on in PowerCode), and the AP shows for that LUID 1A, 2A, and 3A!

WTF…

Canopy OUIs:

0A - all interfaces when device is bridged
1A - NAT mode Private interface (customer-facing interface)
2A - NAT mode Public interface
3A - NAT mode RF interface (SM Management IP)
4A - PPPoE request (apparently - I’ve not played with PPPoE)

So if bridged you should only ever see 0a:00:3e, if in NAT mode you’ll see 2a:00:3e for customer traffic and 3a:00:3e for management traffic. You shouldn’t see 1a:00:3e out on the network, it should always be on the customer side of the NAT.

j

I have tried both 0A and 3A but neither are working to dish out DHCP.

I am not running NAT, just straight bridged mode with the management vlan enabled.