can't get all Harq sessions out of the SF

I am trying to get harq off on a SM so we can send more than 10mb DL thru a radio, i’m trying to get full 20 mb from one to BH to a 900 cluster, but in the service flows i cannot get one of the default SF to not be asigned to a radio… i’m feeling like it day one all over again and pissing me off…

thanks for any help anyone has, here is the SF from the CPE

SFID CID BCID Type State Direction Enable Scheduling MaxRate ARQ HARQ Rules
0 1 1 basic active bidirectional Yes best-effort 0 No No 0
0 513 1 primary active bidirectional Yes best-effort 0 No No 0
5000 4096 1 data active downlink Yes best-effort 12000000 No Yes 0 <— this is the bad1
5001 4097 1 data active uplink Yes nrtps 12000000 No No 1
65184 65184 1 data active downlink Yes nrtps 50000000 No No 1

Have you created new service flows for this subscriber radio in the AP for the bandwidth that you wish to use? I see that both service flows in the pasted subscriber info look default (the one with the HARQ is service flow 0 while the one without is service flow 1 if you look at the service flows in your AP). Also, are you using external or internal AAA. Does your AAA have the correct service flow listed? I am willing to help if you like if you post more detail. You can email me off list or you can also call me using the number on my web site (I am x 106). This should take no more than 5 minutes to fix.

This should be able to be solved by creating 2 service flows (I don’t like to use the same for up and down even if they have the same settings) and assigning them in AAA to the subscriber radio.

I’ve defined and tried to activate diffrent flows, the AP wants to reboot everytime i’ve changed the flows, currently this is whats defined in the AP since last reboot,

0 DL Default Enable 0 Disable Disable 0
1 UL Default Disable 0 Disable Disable 0
2 MCC Disable 0 Disable Disable 0
3 dl test Disable 1 Disable Disable 0
4 up test Disable 1 Disable Disable 0

number 3 is set in thr radio as default DL profile and 4 and the default upllink, but the radio isn’t using these. if i try and apply a SF i get an error that says error: No access in RefID2113 and what every value i try and assign changes to match the first servce rule, even though i have entered diffrent information… also i lose access to the SM until i delete the duplicate entry
i am using internal AAA, we are just testing out the hardware at this point in the game.

I am at home and my cell sucks here or i would call you, thanks for your assistance.

First Make Sure your AP is at software version System_Release_e2.1.1 (which is the current release at the time of this post). While I still am having a few issues with this release, it does make many issues disappear.

I generated this example from one of my own APs though I use External AAA so this will work. You may not have set the speed for the qos profiles and that maybe why your profiles do not work. It is also somewhat outlined in the manual though if you are not familiar with WiMAX it can be daunting.

Create a new QOS Profile (Configuration -> Service Flows -> QoS Profiles)
1. Index -> Use the next available index (in my example it will be 3)
2. Name -> “Test DL SF”
3. HARQ -> Disable
4. Leave everything else either Disabled or blank
Hit the Add button

Hit the Advanced button at the top of the screen then select the profile you just created. We are going to make this a 25Mbps profile.
1. Max Sustained Rate -> 25000000
2. Max Traffic Burst -> 1
3. Min Reserved Rate -> 0
4. Max Latency -> 0
5. Data Delivery Type -> BestEffort
6. Unsolicited Grant Interval -> 0
7. Unsolicited Poll Interval -> 0
Hit the Update Button

You should see in your screen that updated profile with the number you just entered. Now we are going to create a Upload Profile.

Hilt the Basic button at the top of the screen.
Create a second new QOS Profile
1. Index -> Use the next available index (in my example it will be 4)
2. Name -> “Test UL SF”
3. HARQ -> Disable
4. Leave everything else either Disabled or blank
Hit the Add button

Hit the Advanced button at the top of the screen then select the profile you just created. We are going to make this a 25Mbps profile just like the DL.
1. Max Sustained Rate -> 25000000
2. Max Traffic Burst -> 1
3. Min Reserved Rate -> 0
4. Max Latency -> 0
5. Data Delivery Type -> BestEffort
6. Unsolicited Grant Interval -> 0
7. Unsolicited Poll Interval -> 0
Hit the Update Button

Now are profiles are created.

Lets assign it to the Subscriber (Configuration -> Internal AAA -> Authorized CPE List)
I assume you have already entered the CPE into the page so select the downlink Service Flow for that CPE.
1. SF Index -> 1
2. Direction is already downlink
3. QoS Profile -> 3 (this is the index I am using in this example, use the one that you created for the downlink)
4. Cls Profile -> 0 (this is the default profile created in Configuration -> Service Flows -> Classification Rules. 0 does not display)
Hit the Update Button

Now select the uplink Service Flow for that CPE.
1. SF Index -> 2
2. Direction is already uplink
3. QoS Profile -> 4 (this is the index I am using in this example, use the one that you created for the uplink)
4. Cls Profile -> 0
Hit the Update Button

Reboot the CPE and it should come up with these service flows.

SFID CID BCID Type State Direction Enable Scheduling MaxRate ARQ HARQ Rules
0 16 16 basic active bidirectional Yes best-effort 0 No No 0
0 528 16 primary active bidirectional Yes best-effort 0 No No 0
5034 4130 16 data active downlink Yes best-effort 25000000 No No 0
5035 4131 16 data active uplink Yes best-effort 25000000 No No 1
65184 65184 16 data active downlink Yes nrtps 500000 No No 1