cant get into sm on remote DSL AP

i have a remote tower with its own DSL i set port forwarding so i can get to AP and Router on port 80 and 8080 but if i click on a SM in the AP it times out…anyone know a way around that? :shock: thanks

The APs proxy SMs on port 1080 - you will need to forward this port as well.

sweet your awsome… but is that TCP or UDP coz TCP not working for me
thanks

TCP - it’s HTTP as far as the client is concerned.

ok so it is sorta working my AP in on LAN IP 192.168.2.2
so when you click on a SM it takes you to 192.168.2.2:1080/mac
now that i am port forwarding if i back space the LAN IP and type WAN IP of the Router it works but cant get it to work automaticly i try’d DMZ 192.168.2.2 but did nothing

is there anyway to make so i can just click on a SM From a Remote AP
without me haveing to re-type the IP?

thanks for the fast replys

Proxy would be possible - have you considered a VPN into that network? This would the best solution for management access. You’d need a commercial, business/prosumer class router or something that can run DD-/OpenWRT.

Even better would be a little Linux box - cheap, fast, lots of features and utility.

we use linksys RV042 Routers wich can do VPN
but i have no idea how to set-up a VPN and i dont want to experiment
on my customers i have been looking into VPN but cant find anything that tells me how to set-up VPN for Canopy just suff That Tells me What it Dose

At your DSL connection install a Linksys WRT54GL with DD-WRT installed - Google it.

Follow the instructions for establishing a VPN to the router - Google it. Once you are connected you will be able to browse the AP’s and SM’s at will.

Don’t ask me to explain it - it’s your homework assignment for the weekend - Google it. I will suggest setting it up on the bench before installing it.

look at PFSense. Its much easier than DDWRT for this purpose and has a full gui. Setting up a VPN server for what you want to do would be quite simple with PFSense.

I use PFSense for our main office router and will be deploying it other places on the network for management usage. It works quite wonderfully. You can get a cheap board for it from pc engines.

mattmann72 wrote:
look at PFSense. Its much easier than DDWRT for this purpose and has a full gui. Setting up a VPN server for what you want to do would be quite simple with PFSense.

I use PFSense for our main office router and will be deploying it other places on the network for management usage. It works quite wonderfully. You can get a cheap board for it from pc engines.

I second that. pfSense has been a breeze to work with.