Can't reboot ePMP 3k on 4.4

Hello,

We have a 3k AP with 4.4 on it and it has 33 days of uptime on it.

I tried upgrading it to 4.4.1 and it said successful and that it needed a reboot. I then used the GUI to reboot it but it when the login screen came back, it was still on 4.4 and still had 33 days of uptime. I tried a second time to reboot with the GUI and the same thing, it would not reboot.

Anyone else see this issue? I'm going to open a ticket and attach the tech file so they can find the bug hopefully.

I have forwarded this to our support and development team

1 Like

I had the same with one of our 3000L APs running 4.4, it wouldn’t reboot (it said it was rebooting, but it didn’t). I en SSH’d in and issued a reboot command, but same results. I then power cycled and was then able to upgrade to 4.4.1 just fine after that.

2 Likes

We have had three do this.  After 8-24hrs they were reachable and upgradeable. Cambium had us send our first 3000 back to them that did this as they had never seen it before. Hopefully they will work out whatever is causing this. It is pretty annoying.  

@CWB wrote:

We have had three do this.  After 8-24hrs they were reachable and upgradeable. Cambium had us send our first 3000 back to them that did this as they had never seen it before. Hopefully they will work out whatever is causing this. It is pretty annoying.  

I think (not certain though) that they are saying this was a 4.4 issue, so once we do get them up to 4.4.1 that will not happen again.

We had this first happen upgrading from 4.3.x., so it was just not 4.4. Hopefully you are correct and 4.4.1 does fix this. Guess we will know when next firmware revision is released. 

@ninedd wrote:
..... I then power cycled and was then able to upgrade to 4.4.1 just fine after that.

You have bigger balls than I do. All I could picture when I thought about power cycling was a 200' tower climb because the radio became bricked from power cycling while it was in a non-responsive state. 

@CWB wrote:

We had this first happen upgrading from 4.3.x., so it was just not 4.4. Hopefully you are correct and 4.4.1 does fix this. Guess we will know when next firmware revision is released. 

This issue has been fixed in 4.4.1.

1 Like

@CWB wrote:

@ninedd wrote:
..... I then power cycled and was then able to upgrade to 4.4.1 just fine after that.

You have bigger balls than I do. All I could picture when I thought about power cycling was a 200' tower climb because the radio became bricked from power cycling while it was in a non-responsive state. 

1) It was a beautiful calm day, and I love climbing on days like that.
2) my tower is only 110'
3) big ones - massive cojones

2 Likes

Hey Darin,

The support files and a ticket is the right action. I do wonder though whether it came up on the second bank. Did you by any chance try upgrading twice?

Thx

Sakid

1 Like

We had to reboot it with our Netonix to get it to reboot after the first upgrade. When we upgraded it a second time to update the second bank, it rebooted fine using the GUI.

1 Like