Captive portal detection not working all the time

Hello!

I am testing E500 with captive portal and radius.

Sometimes I do not get information on my phone, thah you have to login to network through captive portal, allthough if I open a browser, captive portal does popup.

Also when I get disconnected from captive portal, because my session-time is reached it seem that my phone don't get wifi deauth command all the time, to reconnect to wifi and that captive portal detection is triggered on my phone again.

On other wifi equipment I have no problems.

Any suggestion that I have to check or is it some kind of a bug?

THanks, Bojan

Hi,

Can you let us know which wifi client you were using to test? In case of captive portal clients we don't send any deauth to the client if a session timeout has happened. I see with the smart devices to auto pop up the captive assist login feature they need to reconnect to wifi network. We will add this deauth mechanism for session timeout/inactivity timeout both in our next upcoming release.

With IOS devices specially I have observed that when you are testing things and you are connecting on a guest network and then logging out or disconnecting back and connect again then sometimes the captive assist pop up doesn't show up. Do you see this issue only with E500 and can you let us know the other WiFi router you are using for your testing.

Best Regards,

Kunal

Hello!

I use stock Android 5 on LG Phone and Samsung Tablet (Cyanoden mod - Android 6).

I think you should deauth clients on WiFI when session timesout or inactivity because that is how you trigger captive portal detection on any phone again.

I'am testing on E500.

Regards, Bojan

Hi,

We will add this fix in our next upcoming release.

Best Regards,

Kunal

Hi There,

Still not working and its already 2022. Bought 2 XV2-2T0 no luck in captive portal using ios device.

Was this related to the use of private MAC address on the phone. It’s still listed as a problem.