CBRS Beta Testing - Anyone on it Yet?

Anyone able to talk if they are beta testing the CBRS with Cambium yet? Just looking for feed back on the process and anything different we need to be aware of. I hope to start work on this before the end of the year if Cambium opens up the CBRS configuration.

I thought someone had mentioned that on CBRS the CPE may not be able to communicate with the AP for up to 24hrs when they first go online, but perhaps I misinterpeted what was stated. I am also aware that there will be a monthly fee for each CBRS device that registers with the database.

1 Like

Great question... and I will encourage those folks that are currently prepping for ICD and "Post Day 31" testing to chime in here.

We have a handful of customers already on ICD, with several others nearing readiness to "turn on".

If anyone is interested in testing prior to Full Commercial Launch of CBRS, we will try to accommodate you. Please send me an email: matt @ cambiumnetworks.com. 

Prerequisites are CPI training and certification, but then we can get you going with your existing 3GHz PMP 450 networking equipment.

I just took my test through Google. I used WISPA's discount which you can find HERE. It's a bunch of video training tools and mini tests that you have to watch and take. Then at the end you schedule an online proctored test. Test is 50 multiple choice questions that you have 60 min to complete. No notes, cel phone, or any other help materials can be used. They watch you through the video camera on your computer or laptop.

All in all it's pretty easy... I watched all the videos at 1.5x speed and breezed through it in a couple hours. If you pass all the mini tests, then there's a high probability you'll pass the final exam. You only need to get 75% to pass.

1 Like

Congrats Eric, and thanks for the additional detail on the course.

Eric said: "All in all it’s pretty easy… I watched all the videos at 1.5x speed and breezed through it in a couple hours."

Yeah, but you have a massive brain… what about us mere mortals? :wink:

1 Like

@ninedd wrote:
Eric said: "All in all it's pretty easy... I watched all the videos at 1.5x speed and breezed through it in a couple hours."

Yeah, but you have a massive brain... what about us mere mortals? ;)

Hahaha... thanks... but trying to listen and pay attention to the google instructer lady's voice at 1x was triggering bouts of narcolepsy. Most of the time I feel like this...

such-smart-very-intelligence.jpg

Just completed my CPI test and working on downloading my new certificate. Who would I need to reach out to at Cambium to discuss and see about getting CBRS setup on a couple APs to test?

-Crystian

We will be sending out an announcement on the timing of Beta release and CBRS in general... likely it'll go out Wed or Thursday this week.

If you're interested, please make sure you're signed up to get our E-Blast emails!!

(Hint: I am planning Beta software to be released in the first week of January!)

BTW - I LOVE the picture on your guy's homepage... 

Hangin' cnMedusa! Rock on.

Haha, thanks on the photo. I took that with our DJI and they liked the photo so much we also have it on our business cards also.

I believe I am already signed up for the email blast, but I'll double check and make sure. I get your monthly updates with our sales info and Cambium updates. Thanks for the update.