# CBRS in cnMaestro On-prem

**URL:** https://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t/cbrs-in-cnmaestro-on-prem/108900
**Category:** cnMaestro
**Created:** [September 21, 2026, 4:12pm UTC](https://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t/cbrs-in-cnmaestro-on-prem/108900 "2026-09-21T16:12:13Z")
**Posts on this page:** 14
**Page:** 1

<div class="post-metadata">

### Author: ![TonyM](https://d10gw3vjmzyp8.cloudfront.net/letter_avatar_proxy/v4/letter/t/f14d63/32.png) [@TonyM](https://community.cambiumnetworks.com/u/TonyM)
#### Post date: [September 21, 2026, 4:12pm UTC](https://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t/cbrs-in-cnmaestro-on-prem/108900/1 "2026-09-21T16:12:13Z")

</div>

Has anyone had any success setting up CBRS to work with a new on-prem instance?

I have my on-prem cnMaestro server set up and connected to an anchor account.  
I’ve set my anchor account as a secondary account to our primary account and shared the SAS ID with that secondary account.

I cannot get the on-prem instance to pull down the CBRS SAS information.

 ![image](https://d1okf4ta8xniw3.cloudfront.net/original/3X/8/e/8ed2da48f486d601231aa3ef4fe0d4c55a0be479.png)

In the cloud anchor account, I see the agreements not accepted yet (main instance is working)

 ![image](https://d1okf4ta8xniw3.cloudfront.net/original/3X/a/7/a7d75d9316d2bc66f2a6d228de081c776051e639.png)

But if I try to accept, I get an error:

 ![image](https://d1okf4ta8xniw3.cloudfront.net/original/3X/9/6/96cae1291cae202fe9fdc6a86604037bf1179bd4.png)  
Cannot destructure propery ‘accountId’ of ‘undefined’ as it is undefined.

---

<div class="post-metadata">

### Author: ![Ken\_Hohhof](https://d10gw3vjmzyp8.cloudfront.net/letter_avatar_proxy/v4/letter/k/848f3c/32.png) [@Ken\_Hohhof](https://community.cambiumnetworks.com/u/Ken_Hohhof)
#### Post date: [September 21, 2026, 5:04pm UTC](https://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t/cbrs-in-cnmaestro-on-prem/108900/2 "2026-09-21T17:04:20Z")

</div>

How confident are you this is possible? I was hoping we would get some info this week from Cambium and/or the SAS vendors.

Seems to me that CBRS has additional complications since there’s a per-SM fee that is split between Cambium and the SAS vendor. It also seemed to me like the UK administrators would decide that for $3/mo/SM recurring revenue it would be in the interest of creditors to keep the cloud version running at least for CBRS.

If some WISPs have been using cnMaestro on-prem all along for their CBRS “domain proxy”, that’s something I didn’t realize was possible.

---

<div class="post-metadata">

### Author: ![TonyM](https://d10gw3vjmzyp8.cloudfront.net/letter_avatar_proxy/v4/letter/t/f14d63/32.png) [@TonyM](https://community.cambiumnetworks.com/u/TonyM)
#### Post date: [September 21, 2026, 5:29pm UTC](https://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t/cbrs-in-cnmaestro-on-prem/108900/3 "2026-09-21T17:29:52Z")

</div>

I am not confident. 🙂 I am also waiting for responses. But we are exploring all we can. It is cataclysmic if our radios stop broadcasting.

As far as I can tell CBRS currently cannot operate independent of Cambium Cloud, the on-prem instances run billing and possibly proxy through the cloud. It should be possible for me to move all my devices to an on-prem cnMaestro, even with CBRS running through the cloud. But I can’t even do that due to the error I’m getting.

---

<div class="post-metadata">

### Author: ![Eric\_Ozrelic](https://d10gw3vjmzyp8.cloudfront.net/user_avatar/community.cambiumnetworks.com/eric_ozrelic/32/16188_2.png) [@Eric\_Ozrelic](https://community.cambiumnetworks.com/u/Eric_Ozrelic)
#### Post date: [September 21, 2026, 5:31pm UTC](https://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t/cbrs-in-cnmaestro-on-prem/108900/4 "2026-09-21T17:31:10Z")

</div>

In the post [Guidance for cnMaestro Enterprise Customers - (updated) 18 Sep 2026](https://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t/guidance-for-cnmaestro-enterprise-customers-updated-18-sep-2026/108849)

They updated it to include:

“What about Fixed Wireless products?  
We will provide guidance in a short while.”

Federated is telling people: “We are actively working with Cambium, having calls with them to discuss this scenario. We will keep you updated as additional information becomes available. Hopefully, we will have more information around next week.”

---

<div class="post-metadata">

### Author: ![Ken\_Hohhof](https://d10gw3vjmzyp8.cloudfront.net/letter_avatar_proxy/v4/letter/k/848f3c/32.png) [@Ken\_Hohhof](https://community.cambiumnetworks.com/u/Ken_Hohhof)
#### Post date: [September 21, 2026, 5:56pm UTC](https://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t/cbrs-in-cnmaestro-on-prem/108900/5 "2026-09-21T17:56:27Z")

</div>

TonyM, yes, it would be a disaster if the CBRS radios turn into bricks on Oct. 1. There is no way to change to another proprietary CBRS platform in 2 weeks, and most WISPs will not have 5 or 6 GHz radios on the same towers so they could rush out and change SMs to avoid a massive outage. Normally we would notify customers of the situation, but in this case that would a bad idea.

One could hope the reason they are so aggressively pushing people to on-prem isn’t because they need to shut off cnMaestro cloud to save the AWS costs. But rather this could be a prepack bankruptcy with a buyer lined up for the fixed wireless business or at least for PMP450. And maybe this buyer intends to take over cnMaestro but only to support the FWA products. That’s pure speculation until we get more info, so yes contingency planning makes sense, but maybe the worst case scenario won’t happen.

---

<div class="post-metadata">

### Author: ![Eric\_Ozrelic](https://d10gw3vjmzyp8.cloudfront.net/user_avatar/community.cambiumnetworks.com/eric_ozrelic/32/16188_2.png) [@Eric\_Ozrelic](https://community.cambiumnetworks.com/u/Eric_Ozrelic)
#### Post date: [September 21, 2026, 6:02pm UTC](https://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t/cbrs-in-cnmaestro-on-prem/108900/6 "2026-09-21T18:02:38Z")

</div>

> [@Ken\_Hohhof](#):
>
> It would be a disaster if the CBRS radios turn into bricks on Oct. 1.

In the event of complete loss of CBRS/SAS connectivity through cnMaestro, we plan to set our AP’s to region Other/Other until we receive guidance from Cambium and/or Federated. This will give us time to reprogram the radios if needed to directly connect to Federated’s SAS.

---

<div class="post-metadata">

### Author: ![Ken\_Hohhof](https://d10gw3vjmzyp8.cloudfront.net/letter_avatar_proxy/v4/letter/k/848f3c/32.png) [@Ken\_Hohhof](https://community.cambiumnetworks.com/u/Ken_Hohhof)
#### Post date: [September 21, 2026, 6:17pm UTC](https://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t/cbrs-in-cnmaestro-on-prem/108900/7 "2026-09-21T18:17:45Z")

</div>

Eric, I just checked and you’re right, the 3 GHz radios are not region locked. I’ve never had to think about that before. But honestly, Federated probably has all the skills to run cnMaestro themselves if Cambium gave them the source code. Or to interface directly to us, which I think is what you’re suggesting.

---

<div class="post-metadata">

### Author: ![Mathew\_Howard](https://d10gw3vjmzyp8.cloudfront.net/letter_avatar_proxy/v4/letter/m/46a35a/32.png) [@Mathew\_Howard](https://community.cambiumnetworks.com/u/Mathew_Howard)
#### Post date: [September 21, 2026, 8:56pm UTC](https://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t/cbrs-in-cnmaestro-on-prem/108900/8 "2026-09-21T20:56:10Z")

</div>

Yeah, when we converted from Google SAS to Federated, Cambium actually set all our APs to Other/Other during the transition so that service wouldn’t be disrupted… so at least there is that option for a temporary fix.

We have been running CBRS through cnMaestro on-prem all along, but it’s not clear how much of its functionality is dependent on the anchor account - billing certainly is, and I assume adding any new devices as well, but I’m guessing the domain proxy functionality probably bypasses cnMaestro cloud. If that’s the case, I expect any existing devices to keep working until Federated stops getting paid and shuts them off.

---

<div class="post-metadata">

### Author: ![BradenMcG\_DC](https://d10gw3vjmzyp8.cloudfront.net/letter_avatar_proxy/v4/letter/b/b77776/32.png) [@BradenMcG\_DC](https://community.cambiumnetworks.com/u/BradenMcG_DC)
#### Post date: [September 21, 2026, 9:43pm UTC](https://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t/cbrs-in-cnmaestro-on-prem/108900/9 "2026-09-21T21:43:53Z")

</div>

> [@Mathew\_Howard](#):
>
> Cambium actually set all our APs to Other/Other during the transition so that service wouldn’t be disrupted… so at least there is that option for a temporary fix.

… assuming the FCC doesn’t get their hackles up if they find out, of course. 😛

On the one hand I feel like the FCC are focused on other non-problems right now, but OTOH all it takes is VZW or another CBRS PAL-holder deciding to be petty about it and you could be in a different kind of pain.

---

<div class="post-metadata">

### Author: ![Mathew\_Howard](https://d10gw3vjmzyp8.cloudfront.net/letter_avatar_proxy/v4/letter/m/46a35a/32.png) [@Mathew\_Howard](https://community.cambiumnetworks.com/u/Mathew_Howard)
#### Post date: [September 21, 2026, 11:17pm UTC](https://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t/cbrs-in-cnmaestro-on-prem/108900/10 "2026-09-21T23:17:11Z")

</div>

Yeah, I wouldn’t want to leave it running that way very long, but it will at least give us time to figure something else out.

I’m betting that somebody will come up with a solution (either Cambium, Federated or whoever acquires PMP), but I’m not so confident that cnmaestro won’t go offline before it happens.

---

<div class="post-metadata">

### Author: ![Ken\_Hohhof](https://d10gw3vjmzyp8.cloudfront.net/letter_avatar_proxy/v4/letter/k/848f3c/32.png) [@Ken\_Hohhof](https://community.cambiumnetworks.com/u/Ken_Hohhof)
#### Post date: [September 22, 2026, 12:40am UTC](https://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t/cbrs-in-cnmaestro-on-prem/108900/11 "2026-09-22T00:40:03Z")

</div>

Typically the mobile carriers aren’t using PALs, they are using all 150 MHz as GAA, unless somebody else with a PAL is using it. Occasionally we will see a cable company using their PAL channels. That seems to be pretty static, so if you just continue using the last grants from the SAS, it would probably take months for any actual problems to occur. Similar to 6 GHz AFC where it only changes if something changes in the Part 101 database. Mostly if we see a change overnight from the SAS, it’s wanting us to drop our xmt power by 1 dB or something because their calculation of the aggregate interference into some distant PAL holder changed a little.

---

<div class="post-metadata">

### Author: ![Mark\_Sandell](https://d10gw3vjmzyp8.cloudfront.net/letter_avatar_proxy/v4/letter/m/ed8c4c/32.png) [@Mark\_Sandell](https://community.cambiumnetworks.com/u/Mark_Sandell)
#### Post date: [September 22, 2026, 5:15pm UTC](https://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t/cbrs-in-cnmaestro-on-prem/108900/12 "2026-09-22T17:15:33Z")

</div>

You can bypass the “CBRS info not available to sync” if you are comfortable mucking with the database directly, along these lines on your VM, replacing the ##### with your CBRS token:

```auto
sudo mongosh --quiet "mongodb://127.0.0.1:27017/stats" --eval '
db.getCollection("cns.system").updateOne(
  { cid: "cnmaestro" },
  { $set: {
      cbrsTokens: [{ key: "#####", ts: Date.now() }],
      cbrsState: true,
      cbrsStatus: "Active",
      cbrsTs: Date.now()
  } }
)'

```

I am not recommending this approach. It is probably **100% unsupported and may void some terms** or what have you, but it may be a last ditch option. Devices registered on-prem after that sync back to the cloud anchor from a cnMaestro/Cambium licensing perspective, assuming you share billing/SAS with your cloud anchor as a secondary account to your primary cloud account. CBRS registration stuff works like normal in the on-prem version. This routes everything through [sas.cbrs.cambiumnetworks.com](http://sas.cbrs.cambiumnetworks.com), which is the CBRS domain proxy, so it only gets you partway there. The local on-prem cnMaestro will let you continue managing existing radios as needed even when cloud access is unavailable locally, assuming they are not already registered with a cloud account. I do not know if you can add new devices once the cloud goes down. And if/when that SAS URL shuts down (certificate is good through March 2027, but hosting, who knows…), that’s when CBRS definitely kicks us off. Further, if cnMaestro billing ends, the domain proxy (which basically does license/billing checks before talking back-and-forth with the SAS) will likely stop passing requests, too, even if it still happened to be running after the cnMaestro cloud shut down.

If someone happened to spin up a WInnForum-compliant domain proxy in the interim and Federated could transfer all our billing details, etc. you can presumably override the SAS proxy URL in the on-prem cnMaestro to keep local management of radio frequencies, grants, etc. working. There are a ton of question marks though about what truly keeps working with absolutely zero cloud operational and if/when device licenses end, so I haven’t pursued it further.

---

<div class="post-metadata">

### Author: ![Mathew\_Howard](https://d10gw3vjmzyp8.cloudfront.net/letter_avatar_proxy/v4/letter/m/46a35a/32.png) [@Mathew\_Howard](https://community.cambiumnetworks.com/u/Mathew_Howard)
#### Post date: [September 22, 2026, 6:14pm UTC](https://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t/cbrs-in-cnmaestro-on-prem/108900/13 "2026-09-22T18:14:22Z")

</div>

It’s probably safe to assume that CBRS is going to keep working, now that Airspan has aquired the PMP line. There are still some big questions to be answered about how the transition to Airspan’s cnMaestro is going to work and how on-prem will fit in.

---

<div class="post-metadata">

### Author: ![Eric\_Ozrelic](https://d10gw3vjmzyp8.cloudfront.net/user_avatar/community.cambiumnetworks.com/eric_ozrelic/32/16188_2.png) [@Eric\_Ozrelic](https://community.cambiumnetworks.com/u/Eric_Ozrelic)
#### Post date: [September 23, 2026, 3:03am UTC](https://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t/cbrs-in-cnmaestro-on-prem/108900/14 "2026-09-23T03:03:23Z")

</div>

Please see: [3 GHz CBRS Service on PMP 450 transition to Airspan](https://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t/3-ghz-cbrs-service-on-pmp-450-transition-to-airspan/108935)
