Change In-Band Management VLAN

We have several radios in the field that are running in-band management where both the management and data are untagged. I have tried changing the VLAN on the service points, but when I save the radio reports "Operation Failed". Is there a way to change the VLAN tag without climbing and connecting a management cable to the radio?

Once the service points are created, nothing much you can change in them from the web interface other than the service point name. The properties screen will let you change values but will almost always return "failed operation" when you hit apply, without giving you a reason why it failed.

One solution is deleting the service point then adding it again with the values you want. Just make sure that you are not deleting the service point pointing to the interface you are connected to, otherwise you will be cut off and have to find another way to get back in (hopefully not via management port :(. If you are deleting a management service point on Eth1 for example, make sure you connect to the management interface via the other ports(if available) or via radio.

Apparently you can change service point parameters on the CLI without having to recreate them. Haven't tried that one yet though.

Hope this helps.

cheers 

@edyalfonso wrote:

One solution is deleting the service point then adding it again with the values you want.

That solution worked well. I was able to move the IP to the other side and change the ethernet tagging over the wireless link.