City Link 670 or 550??

I have a question about two series of your ptp portfolio. We are going to implement a link on a city area. The distance of this link will be no more than a 14Km and the master device will be installed on the top of the mountain (1000m). I’m thinking for the 670 and 550 series, to be honest I prefer the 550 for the biggest throughput but the  reliability  of the link is our first priority.

Do you know what the spectrum looks like on both sides? If your spectrum is very dirty and many people are using it, then PTP670 will provide better reliability. If the spectrum is clean on both sides, then the PTP550 will provide better throughput.

Also can you provide you expected throughput for this link ?

Thanks

Sagar

150-200Mb/s will be ok !!

Hi Jdres,

For this throughtput, either of the products should work well. As Eric mentioned, spectrum would play an important in making the decision. Here are some key advantages for each product

PTP 670:

Higher reliability than PTP 550 and performs better under difficult interference conditions
Has DSO(Dynamic spectrum Optimization) which enables radio to switch channel incase of interference

PTP 550:

Less expensive compared to PTP 670
Has DCS(Dynamic Channel Selection) (in Beta available) which similar to DSO switches channel incase of interference

Please let us know if you have any follow up questions

Thanks

Sagar

2 Likes

PTP 670:

Higher reliability than PTP 550 and performs better under difficult interference conditions
Has DSO(Dynamic spectrum Optimization) which enables radio to switch channel incase of interference

To piggy back on the above the 670 also has Asymmetirc DSO which can be very useful in your scenario. It allows each end of the radio to find the cleanest Tx channel independent of the other side. So in essence it acts like a FDD radio but it's still TDD. This is very helpful going from an urban to semi rural setup.

5 posts were split to a new topic: How to test PTP670 throughput