cnMaestro 2.2.0 (On-Premises)

Does the new Guest Portal Self Registration feature capture the details provided; for example an entered email address?

@Wright-Fi wrote:

Does the new Guest Portal Self Registration feature capture the details provided; for example an entered email address?

Yes it does. The administrator can configure any set of fileds (email, phone, name etc). You can also mark some optional and some mandatory so there is that flexibility too.

2 Likes

Thank you firefly!

Hi.

I had the same problem with uploading 2.2.0 OVA via GUI (stopped at 100%, wait for a 1-2min and got error "Failed to get upload status"), but then I tried rebooting virtual machine and after that uploading file and it worked.

I was using Internet Explorer and upgrading from cnMaestro Version 2.1.1. r14.

Kind regards

Am I the only one with poor Satellite view resolution? 

This screenshot is from Barcelona harbor, tried in different countries, but always the same (low) quality?

I am using the Version 2.1.1-r14 and find here the major bug is-

I am restricted the device limit 1 in the guest portal > add plan but its not work like when another device connect with same voucher previus device is disconnected. 

Now my question is - This problem fixed with the new version  2.2.0 ?

Another question is- Can i migrate to new version without loss any data like wlan, voucher etc?

Maybe this is a feature request, but would it be possible to release the ova's with the vlan package pre-installed?  We use cnMaestro with subinterfaces (multiple vlans).

Currently any new ova upload blows out the OS files (including the vlan package that we install) and I have to modify the vm network to install the package, load the 8021q, re-trunk the vm, then apply the subinterface config.  If the package came pre-installed on the image, it would save us a lot of time and back and forth with the system team.

Also, whoever decided that this version of cnMaestro should change the initial console login screen to have bluish text clearly does not actually use the cli.  It is hard on the eyes (blue is the worst possible color to choose), is not great for disabled accessibility, and generally looks terrible.  Even my co-worker who never uses cnMaestro commented on how awful it looked (and she rarely says anything negative!).  Please tell me it was a rash, last minute decision by an intern or something!

1 Like

I went ahead and installed as a new OVA and imported the data.  So far so good ( no blue CLI :D ).  The only issue is all towers are showing as down which is a bit annoying.  Hopefully that gets patched soon in a package update.

A post was split to a new topic: “Server temporarily unavailable” with new 2.2.0 On-Premises instance