cnMaestro On-Premises, Option 15 or 43 with Mikrotik & ePMP

@KR

I got the tcpdump working on ePMP, to show DHCP option information. We had to use one of the bridges to see the traffic, so the ePMP CLI command that works is "tcpdump dump "-i br-lan.[VLAN ID]"

Here are my options in the Mikrotik DHCP server, and below is what the radio is seeing. Does everything look correct? The ePMP radio's cnMaestro URL field is blank, but the radio does not want to pick up the Option 43 information at all. I have Disabled Remote Management, then Enabled, then reboot to pick up the option information, but still nothing gets set in the cnMaestro URL field.

Mikrotik DHCP OptionsMikrotik DHCP Options

Wireshark DHCP Option InformationWireshark DHCP Option Information

Should the radio be seeing text for Option 43? I am noticing Option 60 comes across as text in wireshark, but Option 43 does not.

My best guess is it has to do with the fact that these devices had been reporting to the Cloud Maestro, and that was interfering with the DHCP options being set properly. We ended up using a script to write the URL into the field using SNMP.

Hi Kelmore,

All your options 15,43 and 60 looks normal . But you are resolving cnmaestro.cambiumnetworks.com to your NOC IP which is wrong. Ideally you should map cnmaestro.allpointsbroadband.net which is your option 15 in order for the things to work properly. Once the options are received by device they will be stored in the background files and the same will be read while discovering the device by server. They will not be displayed or autofilled in the cnmaestro url field. Alternatively we have a tool to set the cnmaestro url for bulk number of ePMP devices using SNMP. Please let us know if we can share the same with you. If you want to try the same please raise a support ticket with the customer support team and they should be able to share the tool with you.

Thanks,

KR.