cnMatrix pinout on ports?

Does anyone know the pinouts on the ports?

Sara,
What specific pinouts are you looking for? For the RJ45 ports, the ethernet wiring follows the standard IEEE pinouts.

jon

I guess to be more specific, I need to know how to get the older SM’s working on it, and wasn’t sure if it was the pinouts that we’re having issues with or something else.

I see. So I’m assuming you are talking about powering up the older Cambium Power (30V) gear.

I’m sure you may already know, but our cnMatrix EX2K / EX1K family of switches only support the 802.3at/bt PoE standard, which has an output of 54V.
It is our WISP switch TX2K family that also supports low voltage support. Note that it is designed as 24V output, which supports our Cambium 30V gear, as well as 3rd part 24V equipment.

The pinout implementation for our 24V ports is “positive” polarity, where pins 4/5 (+) and 7/8 (-). This follows the polarity implementation of many 3rd equipment as well.

All our newer 30V Cambium radios are still designed with Canopy Power polarity of 4/5 (-) and 7/8 (+). But these radios all implement a bridge diode to take either polarity.

However, there are some older radio designs, such as the ePMP 1000 or 450 AP, which do not have the bridge diode, and thus can only operate with Canopy Power polarity.
So unfortunately, the output polarity of the cnMatrix TX2K switch is not compatible with these radios.

Yes, there are some 3rd party polarity gender changer dongles that can convert the output polarity to Canopy Power polarity. But due to the grounding design of these older radios where the shield and power grounds are not isolated, these also do not seem to work to.

There are some internal investigations ongoing to find a solution to be able to use the TX2K switch to power these radios, but in the meantime, the official Cambium response is that the switch cannot power these older radios directly.
An inline power injector (that would have been supplied with these radios) is the only way at this time to connect the radio to the switch and power the device up.

2 Likes