cnPilot 190V + Asterisk = Minimal configuration

Hi All,

I’m trying to fine-tune the end-to-end PBX configuration all the way from the cnPilot 190V to the Asterisk server.

The way in which I’m currently configuring the cnPilot 190V is via cnMaestro using among other things the following parameters:

DBID_DNSSRV_DOMAIN=${SIP_SERVER=X.X.X.X}
DBID_SIP_ENABLE=1   0
DBID_SIP_PHONE_NUM=${SIP_NUMBER}
DBID_SIP_ACCOUNT=${SIP_NUMBER}
DBID_SIP_PASSWORD=${SIP_PASSWORD}

But there are tens of options in the cnPilot UI that I’m not really sure if those makes sense or not for Asterisk, Is there someone with that expertise that could help me to understand a little bit more about those options?

And just to add a little bit of background: I’ve one particular user that has an audio issue with the incoming call, but the rest of the customers doesn’t have that problem. I found that the default configuration for each cnPilot 190V is a little bit different, I mean, the FXS values varies a little, but I don’t know if any of those specific options may be causing an issue for that particular customer.

Thanks!

Hi Ignacio,

For basic SIP Asterisk configuration, you just need to give few parameters as you mentioned.

DBID_DNSSRV_DOMAIN=${SIP_SERVER=X.X.X.X}
DBID_SIP_ENABLE=1 0
DBID_SIP_PHONE_NUM=${SIP_NUMBER}
DBID_SIP_ACCOUNT=${SIP_NUMBER}
DBID_SIP_PASSWORD=${SIP_PASSWORD}

But suppose if you want to add on things like call forward, hot line, codec setting, call wait, proxy port configuration to make peer to peer calls of the same DUT’s phone or different DUT’s phone. Let me know what feature you are looking for, I can help you with that.

Also, can you please send me (kumari.smriti@cambiumnetworks.com) the device configuration of the customer who is having audio issue with the incoming calls.

Regards,
Smriti

2 Likes