cnPilot e400 Error: power level not supported when syncing

I have a cnPilot e400 device that i'm deploying in the Bahamas.  I have the TX set to 'default' but i am unable to sync my config down to the access point.  Every time I try, I get the error:  "Power Level Not Supported"

I haven't worked a ton with these devices, so any assistance would be appriciated.

@jboyle wrote:

I have a cnPilot e400 device that i'm deploying in the Bahamas.  I have the TX set to 'default' but i am unable to sync my config down to the access point.  Every time I try, I get the error:  "Power Level Not Supported"

I haven't worked a ton with these devices, so any assistance would be appriciated.

could you please confirm the AP is running the latest firmware release (3.11.2). If so,it would flag the tx power change (if set to max, the AP will automatically lower it to whatever regulatory allows), and just report a warning not an error that blocks config-sync.

AP is running 3.1.4-r3 and image 3.11.1-r2 (reccommended).

I'm not sure i completely follow - what would i need to do to resolve?

I assume you’re using cnMaestro to configure the access point as you are syncing the device.

If that is the cawe, navigate to your AP Group - Configuration - Radio and set the transmit power to “Auto” on both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz radios.

Also I’d check that no device overrides have been enabled (go to the AP - Configuration - Device Overrides)

1 Like

hi,

first step please upgrade the ap to new image 3.11.2-r2 and push the configuration. keep the radio power as auto in ap group prodile.

when we push the configuration from cnMaestro with power set to auto, based on regulatory ap will set power to max