cnPilot E700 802.11 features

Does cnPilot E700 AP support already 802.11k and 802.11v standards ?

No, its my understanding that none of the cnPilot APs support 802.11k / v.

Is there any news about these two standards for cnPilot APs?

@AnzeZ wrote:

Is there any news about these two standards for cnPilot APs?

802.11k and 802.11v support is being released in software version 3.10 at the end of January

3 Likes

That's great news. Is this 100% or is there any chance it is going to be released later?

Kind regards

Wow can't wait for this!

@AnzeZ wrote:

That's great news. Is this 100% or is there any chance it is going to be released later?

Kind regards

Thats the plan! in fact, later this week you will see a beta firmware release of 3.10 so you can try this out and give us feedback on the feature.

Is there a particular use-case you have been waiting on for this feature?

Also, it will be supported not just on the e700, but on all cnPilot Enterprise Access Points.

1 Like

Hi.

Our company is registered for WIFI4EU and we wanted to know if we can use Cambium Networks devices for WIFI4EU. With these futures released there are no restrictions any more.

Kind regards

Hi there!

What about 802.11 k and v at this moment? Is it supported and is there a document that may confirm that? Still needed for the Wifi4EU!

Best regards

Hi there!

What about 802.11 k and v at this moment? Is it supported and is there a document that may confirm that? Still needed for the Wifi4EU!

Best regards

Yes it is supported for a while now. We have done a number of WiFi4EU installations. Just go ahead and install those amazing access points! :slight_smile:

Thank you very much for the fast reply!
Maybe you could share a link where I can find that it is compliant? I have been looking through datasheets, but cant find the 802.11k/v anywhere.

I was just checking this also, looks like I can’t find it either anymore. Strange that they don’t have it anymore.
You can see from user guide that they have this option, also from cnMaestro… but nothing in specifications. Will let them know.

I found in the user guide only 802.11r and 802.11k, but the 802.11v is missing. The Cambium support also said that their APs dont support 802.11v, so I cant understand how everyone is installing cnPilots while the 802.11v is missing :frowning:

In which section of cnMaestro do you have it? I see the 802.11r/k and 802.11w checkboxes.

Let me check. This should not be happening. If that’s true, there is not one Cambium device that is ok for WiFi4EU and for a fact, I know that there are a ton of them installed…

I have a specifications from last year saved on my PC and there are all of the protocols:

Just asked directly to Cambium, so we can clear these things out, what is happening.

Kind regards

Do you install the e700? If I get it correct e500 and e410 suits. Maybe you prefer the 700, why?

I think it is unlikely that e410 support and e700 doesn’t. They both use the same SW and e700 is much more recent AP than e410…
Depends on the case we have on hand. We defenetly prefer Wave 2 APs

Hey!

Support guys gave me the correct datasheet for E410

Still waiting for the right one for E500 and E700.