cnPilot R series ap group SSID including mac or manual override

Is there a way to make it so that the SSID can be either a custom item assigned as an override or a predetermined override like company_last6 of msn so far I have tried
SSID2=${2gSSID=%{ESN6}_2G}
but that shows my wifi name as “%{ESN6_2G}” when i am looking for something more like “1A2B3C_2G”
the same issue happens with the 5g as well as the full esn macro

Hi @Robert_Saunders,

This looks like a bug with how macros are being inserted as default values for replacement variables. I have opened a bugfix ticket for this. Keep an eye out for CNSSNG-31827 in release notes.

For now this is broken as a default value for an override. As just a set value like SSID2=%{ESN6}_2G this will work and correctly insert the last six characters of the ESN but I don’t think that is what you’re looking for.

I would like to be able to add that as a default value for something I can change. it is close but not quite what I want. What I would like to happen is to be able to have our tech plug in the router and it provides the ssid like that initially but be able to override in cnmaestro as well.

Thanks for clarifying. Once the bug is fixed you should be able to use the override like you wrote originally to use a macro in the default value while still being able to override it.

@Robert_Saunders, you should see this fixed in the 4.1.0 release.

1 Like