CNUT 2.2 with default plug in?

I just upgraded a p9 wwith 7.29 software on it up through 7.36 to 8.1.5.1 to 8.2.

I didnt know the IP and didnt feel like messing around with it too much, so I just put the default plug in and went through the tedious upgrade with the default ip and no password, it let me do it and reboots to 8.2 with no problem. I just want to make sure there is not going to be an issue with this. It says to go to 8.1.5 or 8.2 (dont remember which) in the upgrade notes that there HAS to be a root account password, but there wasnt in this radio, and it seems fine.

u need to go to accounts & specify the passwords for Admin user & root user. if you dont their wide open to whoever wants to login & change settings.

I have always done almost all upgrades on the bench with a default plug in.

Also its usually better to not have a root account when upgrading from 7.3.6 to 8.2.2 because there is a problem where it will screw up the password in 8.2.2 and then you have to insert a default plug.

Once you reach 8.2.2 you need to go through all of your units and make sure to set a root password and an admin password. You can also delete the admin account instead.