CNUT and packages

We recently upgraded an older AP 5.7 from 4.2.3 to 6.1 using CNUT 1.1. Worked just fine with no problems. Today I’m trying to upgrade an even older SM 5.2 from 4.1 (boot = 1.1) to 4.2.3 before going to 6.1 and I can’t figure out how the package works. The 6.1 FW download came as a package with a file extension of .pkg. When using “Manage Packages” in the CNUT 1.1 mgr console and looking for the 4.2.3 FW I can’t see the files (SMboot.bin, block.bin and0602403_D40.jbc) because they don’t have the .pkg extension. Is there a 4.2.3 package somewhere that I’m not aware of? Thanks for any help you may be able to give me.
Riley

Ahhh… this goes back a long ways. The original firmware upgrades required us to ftp the files to the radio, then telnet in and burn the new files - all files done individually of course. The firmware files should have come with release notes that will describe the process. If you can’t find the release notes let me know, I can email them to you.

Aaron

Thank you very much for the quick response and the offer. We have the individual files for 4.2.3 and I’ve already manually done a couple SM’s. I was just curious if the 4.2.3 files came as a package like the 6.1 files does? The 4.2.3 version on the compass site at Motorola was not a package. I thought if it did that would be easier than burning the individual files. Thanks again for the help.
Riley