Colocating BH10 with BH20

I need to install a BH10 on the same tower where a BH20 is currently located. Frequency separation should be possible, but I’d like to sync them to each other if possible to avoid any trouble.

I read Motorola’s recommendations for colocating BH’s (timing masters at the same site, synced with each other, same download percentage), but I didn’t see anything about locating BH10s with BH20s.

Does anybody have any experience with this? Should it work? Would I be better to not sync and just try to use separation?

-Tim

Yes, you can install them on the same tower however you will want to make sure they are in sync. To do this you will need a CMM to provide GPS timing for the two devices. As you stated there will need to be frequency separation for the two units.

Yes, you can install them on the same tower however you will want to make sure they are in sync. To do this you will need a CMM to provide GPS timing for the two devices. As you stated there will need to be frequency separation for the two units.

I don't have a CMM at this site, but I should be able to generate sync from one master, and sync the other master with it, correct?

-Tim

That is correct. You can pass the timing from one master to the other.

What is the Frequency Separation Suggested between two co-located BHs in this Case…?

If you have a lot spectrum then the more the better but in a crowded environment then minimum 20 MHz.