Common things you listen/watch thru SNMP

Just trying to get an idea of what everyone all watches using their SNMP client of choice?

AP:
ping
traffic on ethernet
# subs

SM:
ping
traffic

Optionally
SM Jitter
SM dB Level
AP RF Discards

Switch port Traffic
Router Traffic
BH Traffic, dB, Jitter, etc
Cisco NetFlow
DNS, Mail, Web Server status

All the previous plus:
registered SM counter on every AP
voltage level on every tower battery

Big Trumpet - Mind if I ask what hardware you use to monitor your voltage levels on your batteries? Got a couple solar/wind powered sites that I need find some way to monitor the battery levels at.

SM’s
-------------
db Levels
Jitter
RSSI
Ethernet Traffic
Ethernet Errors
Wireless Errors
Unicast Packets

AP
--------------
GPS
Ethernet Errors
Wireless Errors
Unicast Packets

BH
----------------
Ethernet Errors
Wireless Errors
Ethernet Traffic
Ethernet Unicast Packets
Wireless Unicast Packets
db Levels (slave side)
Jitter (slave side)
RSSI (slave side)

We poll every AP/SM/CMM in the network every 10 mins and stuff just about every readable OID into a database. (yes, I mean ‘every’ - pulling anywhere from a few dozen fields per SM to a few hundred for a CMM plus all 8 ports) I’m working on backhaul monitoring now, again on the 10-minute polling cycle and again pulling everything in reach. I started with a printout of the MIB and checked off everything that was of the vaguest possible value to have logged and queryable…

j

SteveD wrote:
Big Trumpet - Mind if I ask what hardware you use to monitor your voltage levels on your batteries? Got a couple solar/wind powered sites that I need find some way to monitor the battery levels at.

We have some solar powered Mikrotiks (backhauls). Latest hardware (RB333/RB433AH) has embedded voltage monitoring and you can query by SNMP.