Configuration criteria is different on cnMatrix and cnMaestro

Pop-up error during sync: „fsusrMgmtUserPassword”

This is a data field in the imported, switch group JSON config file - the password of the admin user. JSON config is exported from an other cnMaestro account and that account works perfectly.

Debug steps:

1. I repeated the password on the cloud (14 chars, small letter - large letter - numbers): same error msg.
  2. I tried with admin1234 (can’t save it due to complexity)
  3. Tried Admin1234: can save it, start syncing, but switch error message: regarding password complexity, needs special character
  4. Modified password to Admin1234@, save and sync successful

I found that password complexity criteria is different on cnMaestro switch group and on the switch itself.

1 Like

Thank you for reporting this issue! I have added it to our bug tracker and we will be looking into it.

Hi, i have the same issue. I have amended password on cnmaestro and have rebooted switch however still getting the same sync error Not In Sync

Sync Configuration

Configuration failed: Password requirements conflict (should contain at least 4 characters different from old password)

@amto, that sync error is different than what was originally reported in this thread. Does the new password you entered have at least 4 characters different from the old password?

How come this is still a problem after 3 years?

Configuration failed: Password requirements conflict (should contain at least 4 characters different from old password)

All i wanted is to update VLANs on 2 ports. No changes to any of the passwords. I did not even open that page of the management portal.