Connection Dropping

Hi,

Here we do not use an SM for each customer as is the thought of motorola, behind the SM installed 5 or more customers.
However, I have noticed that in those cases where a customer is over by SM, the connection is “falling” several times, but if I put a radio 2.4GHz doing NAT SM ago that the problem be solved, inform someone know something about this?

Thank you

Maico

maico wrote:
Hi,

Here we do not use an SM for each customer as is the thought of motorola, behind the SM installed 5 or more customers.

Do you enable NAT and DHCP on the SM?

Not because it has more than 1 customer in sm, customers are different !

Maico

If the SM is not in NAT then I would install a router for EVERY customer.

mattmann72 wrote:
If the SM is not in NAT then I would install a router for EVERY customer.

Right.
The reason to use NAT is actually to have more users on the same SM.

Right.
But how to control banda per user with NAT enabled in SM?
In this case, I will always have to use a ROUTER to NAT, however, the cost is too high!
I want a solution without the ROUTER, only with the SM.
is possible?

Maico

If you put multiple customers behind 1 SM with NAT on and every customer does not have their own router then you put all of those customers on the same LAN. That to me is a BAD idea.

However you could make that a good idea. You could look into a Zyxel ES-2108 switch. This is a cheap managed switch that can do port isolation to isolate all of those customers traffic and do bandwidth control on each port as well! I would put this switch between the customers and the SM.

I use these switches at most of my tower sites.