Country code not allowing ePMP subscriber module to operate on 5940GHz frequency.

Hi,

I'm using an ePMP connectorised AP w/ GPS sysnc with external 120 degree antenna. It is operating at 5940GHz. I've bought a 5GHz connectorized ePMP radio without sync and planning on using the Force 110 antenna with it. 

My problem is that the AP is already installed and operating but i cannot configure the SM with the correct frequency settings to find the AP.  I have another Force 110 on that sector that can reach the frequency but for some reason the one in question cant? The highest it goes to is 5865 GHz. Both running the same firmware and software.

I've tried to SSH into SM in question and change the Country code from "FA" to "OT" but it does not allow. The default Country Code is set to "OT" so i also tried deleting the "FA" so it would fall back to default back but it doesn't allow me to commit the changes.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi,

Could you please download configuration files form both SMs in text format and send them at:

fedir.trutsko@cambiumnetworks.com

Also please copy Hardware Version from Monitor System page.

Thank you.

Hi,

I've sent the config files. Starting to think its possibly a different release that doesn't feature 5870 GHz + although this shouldnt be the case. I've compared the country code settings of the working SM and the problem SM and they are identical.

Thank you.
I will check them and revert back to you.

Thank you.

Hi,

I've checked configuration.

For now it looks like one of units is not calibrated for 5.9 GHz band.

Units which were delivered in production before 1.3.4 Release does not suport 5.9 Ghz band.

You can check this by snmp-get request for caminfoScanFrequencyListAllow59band parameter.

In case it returns 1 - 5.9 GHz band is supported, 0- not.

Thank you.

1 Like