Customer looking for help

I can sit and watch the status of the canopy and see it lose registration with the AP, therefore I cannot ping anything because I don’t have a connection from the AP.

open up 4 command promts, run the following in one of each

ping -t <ip address of SM>
ping -t <ip address of AP>
ping -t <DNS server>
ping -t www.yahoo.com

post the results when you loose connectivity.

what is the IP of your machine, the SM, the AP ?
What is the gatway address of the SM ?
Is the SM NAT enabled or disabled ?

Thanks for the clarification on that part;

OK, definatly not a standard network issue. Do you by chance have a lot of trees surrounding your place or a hill, can you see the tower that you are pointing at. I am assuming that there must be something in your line of sight to the tower for them to use a 900, although some WISPs only use 900. What part of the country do you live in? Just so that we can get some sort of idea as to what the terrain is like in your region.

This is a hard one to try and troubleshoot over this forum or even over the phone for that matter. I still do not understand why your ISP has not made a service call to your location yet, this has been well over a week and it is so far in my opinion a radio issue ( line of sight, mutli-path, RF interference, ect… ) Oh yeah that brings up one more thing, may sound way out in left field but, do you happend to have 900 mhz cordless phone that could be causing RF issues, I have seen cordless phones on the affect the Canopy 2.4 ghz and Canopy 5.7 ghz radios to do really weird things, 100/100 link on the link test but the data rates were more like 50/25.

Hope this helps.

Where is the unit mounted? Do you have a metal roof? From everything you said, it sounds to be interference for sure. We have customers going through thick trees (most are pine, this is Montana were talking about) at 10+ miles so the trees don’t sound like they should be doing anything, especially at that distance. See if your ISP has a different freq available at your location. At that distance, 1.17 miles, a 2.4 w/ dish wouldn’t have any problems.

If you have a metal roof, are the AP and the SM between it. I know that I had a customer that re-roofed his place and we had to re-locate the SM due to the interference caused by the new metal roof.

Best of luck.