Customers taking surges thru the LAN side of there router

We have customers of ours that seem to always have there routers take surges on the LAN side of the routers and sometimes our Canopy radios will get fried. Does any one have any input or solutions??

do you have a 600ss installed? if not get one put in and make sure you have a good ground, DO NOT USE THE ground from the customers main power… drive a new rod.

also use shielded (and i can’t stess enough how important shielded cable is for proper ESD protection) cable outside and make entry directy after the supressor.

mgthump wrote:
do you have a 600ss installed? if not get one put in and make sure you have a good ground, DO NOT USE THE ground from the customers main power... drive a new rod.

also use shielded (and i can't stess enough how important shielded cable is for proper ESD protection) cable outside and make entry directy after the supressor.

Unless I'm mistaken, and I don't have a copy of my NEC handy right now to check, I thought if you did that you had to backbond it to the house ground per code.
smwtech wrote:
[quote="mgthump":3my4sxyw]do you have a 600ss installed? if not get one put in and make sure you have a good ground, DO NOT USE THE ground from the customers main power... drive a new rod.

also use shielded (and i can't stess enough how important shielded cable is for proper ESD protection) cable outside and make entry directy after the supressor.

Unless I'm mistaken, and I don't have a copy of my NEC handy right now to check, I thought if you did that you had to backbond it to the house ground per code.[/quote:3my4sxyw]

No idea about your NEC but I've heard this is also the case up here in Canada. Otherwise you run the risk of a difference in ground potentials which can end up being not that fun to deal with in an electrical storm. Our guys will just run back to the main ground in the customer's house.