difference between sync and sync

Hello everyone, I wanted to understand what changes between the EPMP 1000 version with GPS and one without, clearly belonging to the sync function if there are other differences or improved performance.

@toto wrote:
Hello everyone, I wanted to understand what changes between the EPMP 1000 version with GPS and one without, clearly belonging to the sync function if there are other differences or improved performance.

Hi, The key differences are:

1. GPS version has an onboard GPS chip to provide sync and supports sync over power (from a CMM or other external sync sources)

2. GPS version has one GigE port while the Non-GPS version has two Fast Ethernet ports (Main and AuX)

3. GPS version has two flash banks while the non-GPS has one bank

4. GPS version has double the memory of the non-GPS version although this does not make a difference for the user

Thanks,

Sriram

1 Like

For all of the details, check out the White Paper on Understanding Throughput Capacity HERE.

I wanted to understand if one area where you do not use the GPS function sync, putting cmq EPMP 1,000 sync if increased performance? or not worth it and I put my version does not sync because they do not use precisely the

I also know ‘cause when I configure the device to open the pages of the menu’ is very slow you lose too much time to set up a device, how come?

@toto wrote:
I wanted to understand if one area where you do not use the GPS function sync, putting cmq EPMP 1,000 sync if increased performance? or not worth it and I put my version does not sync because they do not use precisely the

There are certain scenarios that benefit from using GPS sync... the primary benefit is the ability to use frequency reuse to maximize your subscriber density at a site with few spectrum options available. Secondary benefit is if you're trying to migrate/collocate legacy PMP100 radios (or newer PMP450 radios) alongside ePMP.

If you're deploying in an area with plenty of spectrum, perhaps a remote site or a site that you don't anticipate needing to collocate multiple PtP and PtMP radios... then you most likely won't need to use GPS sync.

2 Likes

@toto wrote:
I also know 'cause when I configure the device to open the pages of the menu' is very slow you lose too much time to set up a device, how come?

What firmware revision are you using on your ePMP radios? I'd suggest that you immediately update all your ePMP radios to release 2.5. There have been significant improvements to the UI in recent firmware revisions.

You can find the latest firmware here: https://support.cambiumnetworks.com/files/epmp/

I also tried the 2.5 beta but it does the same thing, at least on a laptop Asus Eee PC1001 instead on your home is much better

The moment that you said "Asus Eee PC1001" I knew what the problem is... that is a an incredibly slow laptop with very little ram and a Intel's lowest end/ATOM CPU. Please buy a new laptop with at least an i3 CPU, and 4GB's of ram... preferably with and SSD.

ALSO, don't use the 2.5 beta... use the 2.5 release.

ok, I knew my asus was slow, but with ubnt and microtick okay, and ‘comfortable’ cause small to carry around.

put some ubuntu on that asus and make things happen. also, like eric said get on the 2.5 firmware not the beta

I put the 2.5 but it makes me lostesso problem …

What is 'lostesso problem'? You're going to have to be more specifc as to what issues you're having in order for us to help you.

I think that means 'same problem'.  I'm not sure, but I think he's reporting that the web interface is very slow for him.

yes, exactly, and my problem 'web interface slow