Displaying the Name of Router in the web interface

Often I have multiple customers' router management pages open at the same time.

I can't keep track of which tab is which customer, because the name of the customer doesn't appear on the pages. Can the name of the router be added to the HTML page title, so that it shows in the tab's title within google chrome?

It'd also be nice to have it on the Status page so you can see it when you log in, or somewhere in the header so that it's easy to reference.

Thanks,

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

thanks for your feedback. Basically as of today the browser tab shows the name of the TAB which the user currently is on, like  "Basic Information" for status tab , "Basic Wireless Settings" for wireless tab etc. 

What you are asking is to change the "Basic Information" to  the hostname of the AP right ? I will review this internally, however since by default all units have the same hostname "cnPilot-R200", it would not add too much value unless devices have been assigned unique hostnames. 

regds

Ashutosh 

@ashutoshdatta wrote:

...since by default all units have the same hostname "cnPilot-R200", it would not add too much value unless devices have been assigned unique hostnames. 

Hostname configuration (and function) is very important. This should be fixed so the hostname function works correctly, and then the router name should definitely be displayed somewhere (likely in the browser tab, followed by the current tab).

For example, if a router is entitled "38B", the tab would say "38B - Basic Information".

uberdome is right. I should have specified that as well. See image below from PMP450.

We have taken your comments into account and will try to address the improvements suggested to the extent possible. Adding this to the 4.4 release plan.

thanks 

ashutosh

Unfortunately I don't think the host name improvements in the tab title made it into 4.4 Could this request be looked at again, along with getting cnMaestro to automatically display the hostname of a router that comes online? See this thread for more detail:
http://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/cnMaestro-Beta/R20x-Device-Name-grab-this-from-router/m-p/77976

Thanks!

@kelmore wrote:

Unfortunately I don't think the host name improvements in the tab title made it into 4.4 Could this request be looked at again, along with getting cnMaestro to automatically display the hostname of a router that comes online? See this thread for more detail:
http://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/cnMaestro-Beta/R20x-Device-Name-grab-this-from-router/m-p/77976

Thanks!

The hostname function actually works... but only from a direct configuration or from the GUI at this point. 

I have an open ticket about it already. Please, also open a ticket about the lack of sync from cnMaestro to the R-Series routers. I think it is very important to hear from multiple users regarding big issues like this.

Our provisioning system uses DHCP options to send the location of a configuration file. The router says give me a configuration file for mac address ABCD, which is generated on the fly for a customer who we have linked to that mac address.

So really the router's hostname field is set by a configuration file. Are you saying this particular method doesn't get the hostname to set in Maestro, and that I would need to change the hostname field in the router GUI, and hit apply in order for the name to be updated in Maestro?