Duplicate QOS Profile Numbers

Hi.  For some reason, one of my AP's has duplicate QOS profile numbers (1) and it keeps complaining about it of course.  I can deleted and save and reboot, and it's back.  It can edit the number by clicking on the pencil icon and save and reboot, and it's back to multiple 1's.

Hmmm... that's strange... two ideas... export a good config from another AP, edit the config with some settings for the AP in question, and upload the configuration. The other idea... reset to factory defaults and re-config from scratch.

Hi ninedd,

Could you please tell what FW version is running on your device?

Thank you.

It is firmware 2.6.1, although this isn't a new issue on this AP.  It's been like this for many months - so it was probably something I introduced into the AP in 2.4.3 or some much earlier version.

I know that defaulting it would probably (for sure) work - but it's on a 48' tower that is mounted to the top of a 180' building - so if I can somehow fix it from the comfort of my office...   ;)

If I download the text config file and look at it, it has the duplicate profiles in it.

"wirelessMIRProfileTable": [
{
"wirelessMIRProfileNumber": "1",
"wirelessMIRProfileDescription": "10mbit-1mbit",
"wirelessDLMIR": "10000",
"wirelessULMIR": "1000"
},
{
},
{
"wirelessMIRProfileNumber": "2",
"wirelessMIRProfileDescription": "3mbit-.5mbit",
"wirelessDLMIR": "3000",
"wirelessULMIR": "500"
}
]

If I try saving the settings - I get the following error, pretty much as expected.

> 16:13:37 Configuration save failed.
> Configuration->Quality of Service->MIR Profiles:
> wirelessMIRProfileNumber:
> The values should be unique

If I delete one of the 'profile 1' profile, and do a save - and if I then download and look a the text version of the config, there is only ONE of those profiles - without a dulicate.

"wirelessMIRProfileTable": [
{
"wirelessMIRProfileNumber": "0",
"wirelessMIRProfileDescription": "default",
"wirelessDLMIR": "100000",
"wirelessULMIR": "100000"
},
{
},
{
"wirelessMIRProfileNumber": "2",
"wirelessMIRProfileDescription": "3mbit-.5mbit",
"wirelessDLMIR": "3000",
"wirelessULMIR": "500"
}
]

However, if I then do a reboot, then the duplicates come back.

Again - I think that I somehow managed to munge things up a few versions ago, and it's just been surviving through firmware upgrades and other config changes.  It also doesn't seem to be service-affecting either, my SM at my house is on profile 1 and it seems to work fine without being confused.

@ninedd wrote:

I know that defaulting it would probably (for sure) work - but it's on a 48' tower that is mounted to the top of a 180' building - so if I can somehow fix it from the comfort of my office...   ;)

You could use some VLAN trickery if you have managed switches to isolate that AP and pipe it directly to your computer at your desk... reset it to factory defaults, and then make sure you're PC is setup on the appropriate default network, and then re-configure from scratch... and then put everything back the way it was.

Hi ninedd, 

If you'd like we can organize a time (CST) tomorrow in the afternoon where I can get into the radio through ssh and cleanup that duplicate MIR profile. This will hopefully avoid you having to go through the factory default route. 

Please contact me through email at sriram [at] cambiumnetworks [dot] com and I can try to help with this. 

Thanks,

Sriram

1 Like

That defect was relevant for 2.4.2 FW Release and it was fixed in 2.4.3.

Thank you.

@Cambium_Sri wrote:

Please contact me through email at sriram [at] camiumnetworks [dot] com and I can try to help with this. 

OK - email sent with login information.

Hi again - just to let you logging in an doing your thing DID solve this issue.
Thank you.  EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE.  :)