E500 and MicroPOP

We tested Mimosa A5 products and have found them to be very unreliable. We are a neghborhood WISP serving a comminity of about 1,000 homes. We have a 6 sector ePMP tower with Force 180's as our primary service, but the installs are killing us as its hot in AZ and we have issues keeping techs. We tested having MicroPOP's on streets and used WiFi R200's with higher gain ant's so customers didnt need an install tech, they could come pick up a pre configured router to connect to our test MicroPOP's. We could then disconnect their PPOE connection if they didnt pay thier bill.

I bought a test E500, ( I think I can use 5 Ghz as the mesh and 2.4 for customers) works well in our coffee shop, but I'm wondering if anyone has ever used one (or 2 back to back for 360 degrees) as a MicroPOP device. Would a ePMP 1000 with an omni be better? Input please :-)

@MarioL wrote:

We tested Mimosa A5 products and have found them to be very unreliable. We are a neghborhood WISP serving a comminity of about 1,000 homes. We have a 6 sector ePMP tower with Force 180's as our primary service, but the installs are killing us as its hot in AZ and we have issues keeping techs. We tested having MicroPOP's on streets and used WiFi R200's with higher gain ant's so customers didnt need an install tech, they could come pick up a pre configured router to connect to our test MicroPOP's. We could then disconnect their PPOE connection if they didnt pay thier bill.

I bought a test E500, ( I think I can use 5 Ghz as the mesh and 2.4 for customers) works well in our coffee shop, but I'm wondering if anyone has ever used one (or 2 back to back for 360 degrees) as a MicroPOP device. Would a ePMP 1000 with an omni be better? Input please :-)

quick note: the E500 has Omni antenna. The sector antenna version is E501. So for the 360 degree coverage a single E500 AP mounted on a pole would suffice, you would not need two back to back.

The E500 is much more capable than the ePMP1000, not just because of the dual radio (the 5GHz with 11ac support it ads), higher client-capacity and gigabit ethernet ports, but it also has more memory and a higher performing CPU to handle loads.