E500 wifi dropping out

I have 3 E500’s at my campground. Last couple of weeks, the wifi has been dropping out at random. Radios seem to be working fine. I did change password, not sure if that’s the issue. Guests can log in no problem. DId I need to reboot after I changed password? Any other ideas? I think it’s our ISP but they say modem is working fine.

Can you please share us the following information to understand more about the issue

1. Wifi dropping out means clients are not able to access the internet or clients are not able to associate with the AP ?
  2. What password you have changed ?
  3. Are you facing issue with any particular AP or with all 3 E500’s ?
  4. Can you please share me the techsupport file of the AP when the issue happened to my email id ashok.kumar@cambiumnetworks.com

Hi Ashok,

Problem with all 3 APS. A client will be on the internet via the AP and it will drop them at random. Sometimes for a minute, also much longer. Anytime of day. It just dropped me while answering this email. I changed the password on the E500 by logging in to it, going to Configure, then WLAN, then change the Passphrase, then saving changes. Is this correct? I don’t know how to access the tech/support files, how do I do that? Thanks for your help.

Changing passphrase will not effect the internet connectivity.
Techsupport file will be available in the following location

1. Goto Operations → System
  2. Download Techsupport

Hi Robert, I also use the E500 on a campground. And I also had the same experience. I found out, that under circumstances the minimum unicast rate is changed to a relativ high value (for example after updating the firmware). So, the guests can connect but they will droped rapidly. You have to check this value directly in the AP’s (Configure → Radio → 2,4 and 5 ghz (both radios!) → minimum unicast rate)
You can set it for example to 1 or 2 in the 2,4ghz Radio and 6 in the 5ghz radio) In my case it was automaticaly changed to 48!