Elevate 2.4Ghz - SM choices

Hi. For those who have Elevated UBNT 2.4Ghz gear, what UBNT SM is the best choice for the longest range, most trouble free installations?  I'm assuming that their AirGrid AG-HP-2G20 is the highest gain (20 dBi antenna), highest power (28-22 dBi radio) longest range SM in their AirMax 2.4ghz lineup?  Followed by their PowerBeam PBE-M2-400 as a second choice?  I am thinking that those would be the most trouble-free and best options to Elevate in 2.4Ghz?

OH, and only XW hardware, since XM hardware doesn't support ShortGI - correct?

Would that be the experience of those who have Elevated 2.4Ghz gear onto ePMP1000 2.4Ghz APs?

Airgrids? Yuck... stay away from those... aren't they typically 1x1 802.11n radios? Looking at the spec sheet for the model you mentioned only shows MCS rates 0-7 :-(

Wouldn't the highest gain and highest TX power be a 2' dish or fatty dual-pol grid coupled to a RocketM2? Of course at that point you're probably just better off using a non-GPS e1k connectorized radio.

And yes, you're correct on the short gi assesment. I've been told the XM radios can support short gi when using 40MHz channels... but I've never tested it... and probably not something you'd ever want to do with 2.4GHz.

@Eric Ozrelic wrote:

Airgrids? Yuck... stay away from those... aren't they typically 1x1 802.11n radios? Looking at the spec sheet for the model you mentioned only shows MCS rates 0-7 :-(

OH - good catch.  Yeah, that'd be so wrong - I didn't notice that, thanks. :)  So it looks like the PowerBeam M2 is really the only AirMax 2.4Ghz integrated SM they made then.  OK, thanks.

There are nanostation's and locos.  I would stay away from locos in 2.4 though.  We still have a few nanostations out there that we have not replaced though.  For the longest range, as mentioned a RocketM2 with dish is your best bet though we have found that a force200 gets very similare signal and tends to perform at higher MCS.