Enterprise Wi-Fi System Software Release - 6.5.1

Introduction

Enterprise Wi-Fi software release 6.5.1 is available. Software release 6.5.1 contains features, enhancements and bug fixes. Following are the downloads available for software release 6.5.1:

New Hardware Model

• Model Number: XE3-4T Wi-Fi 6E

• Type: Outdoor Access Point

• Antenna Type: External

The XE3-4T is a Tri-radio Wi-Fi 6/6E 2x2/4x4 Access Point with an external antenna designed to deliver future-proof performance and value for building next generation networks. Wi-Fi 6 delivers faster and more efficient wireless network connections than previous generation Wi-Fi technologies. Wi-Fi 6E extends the capacity of Wi- Fi into the 6 GHz band, more than tripling the wireless spectrum available. With a software defined radio, the XE3-4T enables a seamless transition to Wi-Fi 6E with the ability to
easily change from 5 GHz mode to 6 GHz based on deployment scenarios.

The XE3-4T is fully backward compatible with existing Wi-Fi technology and enables a massive growth of lowpower, low-bitrate IoT devices to add infrastructure intelligence into any market. The XE3-4T hardware supports a 2.5 GbE RJ45 interface. This platform also supports Global Positioning System (GPS).

XE3-4T comes with a Limited Lifetime Warranty providing return and repair service on the AP from the date of purchase until the end of the life of the product.

New Features

Following are the new features supported in System Release 6.5.1:

• Groupwise Transient Key (GTK) per VLAN
    The APs support dynamic VLAN via ePSK/RADIUS based/VLAN-pool feature on a given WLAN profile. The client traffic is tagged as per the VLAN assigned dynamically. The unicast traffic works fine as each client generates a unique PTK. However, the AP provides common GTK for all the clients associated with the WLAN profile irrespective of the VLAN that belongs to. This causes all clients irrespective of the VLAN assigned can receive broadcast/multicast data traffic of other VLAN traffic. The solution is to generate the GTK per VLAN and forward it to clients as part of the WPA2 handshake.
    So that the broadcast/multicast data traffic is encrypted using GTK based on the VLAN tag of the packet.The maximum number of GTKs supported is 127 per radio. By default it’s disabled.

• Logging

• Event logging
      The Enterprise Wi-Fi AP devices support multiple troubleshooting methods. Event
      logging or Syslog is one of the standard troubleshooting processes. If you have a
      Syslog server in your network, you can enable it on an Enterprise Wi-Fi AP device.

• DNS logging
      The DNS query log feature provides an option to log DNS query messages to an
      external Syslog server. It can be enabled per WLAN profile basis.

• Auto-VLAN
    Auto VLAN is intended to support zero-touch detection and configuration for connected Cambium devices (Enterprise Wi-Fi APs). New Cambium vendor-specific LLDP TLVs are introduced starting with cnMatrix Release 3.1 to support “pushing” Auto-VLAN policy data from Cambium devices (for example Enterprise Wi-Fi APs) to cnMatrix. The new Auto-VLAN TLVs are implemented as an extension to the LLDP standard, using its flexible extension mechanism.

For more information on Enhancements, Fixed Issues and Known Issues, please refer Release Notes

3 Likes

XV2-21 updated… Let’s see what we trip over.

Testing 6.5.1-r11 on a XE3-4. However, one thing is still missing in the UI. I posted it here Enterprise Wi-Fi System Software Release - 6.5 - #8 by Space and the same issue in this version.

From my previous post:

I noticed that the options for “Minimum Unicast rate” and “Multicast data rate” is missing in Configure → Radio, when I login with Device setup (Local management). Reverting back to recommended version solves it. 6.4.2.1-r1.

So it seems like this is a v6.5 issue…

I was in touch with support, and they have removed the options for “Minimum Unicast rate” and “Multicast data rate” in cnPilot, local managment page. It’s not coming back… Use the CLI to change it.
If I remember correctly the command is:

rates min-unicast X # X = number (i.e 6). Change minimum unicast rate
rates non-unicast X # X = number (i.e 6). Change multicast data rate
rates show-applied # Show applied rates for both

@Space

Here is the syntax:

Thanks. Good to know :slight_smile: