ePMP 1000 AP 100% CPU Usage

Over the past evening we have had extremely high CPU usage on one of our APs. The gaps in the graph appear to be a separate issue, but the giant block of red is a pretty big alarm. All of my other ePMP 1000 APs also show spikes of 100% usage very regularly. We currently have about 20 subscriber on ~15mbps plans on this sector.

What could be causing this?

What firmware are you running ?

Any ideas...?

We are seeing the same thing since we upgraded to GPS sync .   Appears the issue is related to GPS though as noted and from what I can tell, it isn't actually affecting anything.   Seems to be more prevelent if one of the SMs is pulling a steady stream even though the frame utilization is low.   I have a couple of APs reporting 100 percent CPU usage right now and each have a customer pulling their full data rate for extended periods.  Didn't see this when we were using unsynced APs.  I tried tweaking our SNMP polling interval, but it doesn't make any difference.

http://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/ePMP-3000-2000-and-1000/Strange-CPU-usage-on-AP/td-p/43744/page/2

Thanks for the reply Riverrat. I'm curious whether Cambium has made any progress on this yet.

We have some ePMP 2000 also doing this.  We even had a new site go up with no clients on it yet, and was showing random 100% CPU spikes.

Also the same here...

Regardless of what Cambium says, we have witnessed that an AP with SMs with poor connections tank the whole panel. So if you have one or two weak connections, your total panel throughput drops. Everytime it rains here those shooting through some trees drop our total throughput hitting 100% frame.

One panel can do around 55-60mbps in the dry, when it rains it drops to about 40mbps. That is hitting 100% frame

@Skullzaflare wrote:

Regardless of what Cambium says, we have witnessed that an AP with SMs with poor connections tank the whole panel. So if you have one or two weak connections, your total panel throughput drops. Everytime it rains here those shooting through some trees drop our total throughput hitting 100% frame.

One panel can do around 55-60mbps in the dry, when it rains it drops to about 40mbps. That is hitting 100% frame

air time is divided up evenly. 

if you have 2 radios that can only talk on mcs7, and 2 radios on MCS 15 on a 10mhz channel,   and all radios are active,   you'll have an agro capacity of 30mbps, the 2cpes stuck at 7 will get 5 mbps while the other 2 are getting 10mbps.        the air fairness cambium talks about is dividing up airtime equally... they can't keep an MCS 15 sub from never dropping throughput when the AP runs out of airtime.  that is on us as providers to keep our link qualities inline so that doesn't' happen.

1 Like