ePMP 1000 AP together with UBNT CPEs

Hi,

I want to put up a 4 ePMP1000 non-GPS Access Points together with 90 degrees antenna.

I have a few dozen UBNT CPEs (NSM5 and LocoM5). Will it be possible for the NSM5 and LocoM5 to connect to those 4 ePMP1000  sectors?

And how will the performance be like? I know that using ePMP 1000 CPEs will be a better solution but I just don’t want to throw any those CPEs.

Will there be serious degradation in their performance?

Thanks,

Sanay

IMHO changing 4xUBNT APs for 4xePMP without sync to service UBNT CPEs is a very bad idea. You will be forced to connect clients in legacy mode which would impair performance badly and then, there's almost no benefit running 4 ePMP1000 APs in the same tower if they are not synced.

Regards!

1 Like

It can be a temporary solution while you replace these UBNT with Cambiums, but honestly I think you’ll get better performances using UBNT AP with UBNT CPE and their AirMax protocol instead of Cambium ePMP AP with 802.11 protocol to connect to UBNT CPE.
UBNT AirMax isn’t as good as Cambium Proprietary TDMA, but at least is better than plain 802.11n.
You won’t have any advantage doing this. I suggest you to change all CPE to Force 180/200 and you’ll sure have great performances improvement, expecially with synced APs that don’t have self-interference issue.

Buying 4 non synced ePMP AP to permanently connect legacy 802.11 CPE is simply a loss of money!

1 Like

@Me Sanay wrote:

Hi,

I want to put up a 4 ePMP1000 non-GPS Access Points together with 90 degrees antenna.

I have a few dozen UBNT CPEs (NSM5 and LocoM5). Will it be possible for the NSM5 and LocoM5 to connect to those 4 ePMP1000  sectors? 

Thanks,

Sanay

Hey Sanay... I sent you a PM... please respond.