ePMP 1000 auto reset issue

Hello Everybody,

I am new to forum and we are using ePMP 1000 for some days. I have some P2P and a P2MP ePMP 1000 sector with 5 clients only. No clients are more than 2000 feet distance. Signals are good and no problem until yesterday. I installed the sector just one month earlier and we have some power failure issue in the site, we had power failure around 5-6 times in a month, I have online UPS to support but still we have power problems. Now yesterday we could not access the AP from our office and had to go to the site for inspection. I found the radio was reset to default mode, so I reconfigured the AP and it is OK now. I have these reset issue with my UBNT radio while I have water in cable but in this case what can reset my radio? I checked the cable and found no water, there is no chance of hard reset by anyone else. I want to avoid further reset issue as we are in deployment stage of many more of these radio's. I am using the new 2.4.3 soft and any suggestion is appriciated.

Thanks in advance

Lintush.

Hi, 

Power glitches may cause a factory reset on the radio although there is a specific sequence of power cycle the radio has to go through for this to happen. To be safe, you can disable Factory Reset Via Power Reset Sequence under Tools->Backup/Restore. 

Thanks,

Sriram

1 Like

Hello there,

Yesterday I reconfigured the AP and today it has been auto reset again. I may stop the Factory Reset Setting as you described but how will I reset radio if reset is required for lost passwod issues? Have I another way to reset at time of any enmgrency? Please let me know. Hoping your solution save me for some days.

WIth Thanks

Lintush

@Lintush wrote:

Hello there,

Yesterday I reconfigured the AP and today it has been auto reset again. I may stop the Factory Reset Setting as you described but how will I reset radio if reset is required for lost passwod issues? Have I another way to reset at time of any enmgrency? Please let me know. Hoping your solution save me for some days.

WIth Thanks

Lintush

Hi, 

There are three ways to factory reset the radio:

1. Power cycle sequence

2. Use the reset button on the radio

3. Factory default from the GUI using Tools->Backup/Restore->Reset To Factory Defaults

All you are doing is disabling #1. You still have the other two methods to factory reset the radio. 

Thanks,

Sriram

Dear Sriram,

Thanks for the quick reply. Now I got it.

Lintush.

I have disabled the power sequence on the ap and it still happens to mine. have 2 radios that do that.

Welcome to the party… 7 years too late! :laughing: Why don’t you start a new post and give us some details on your setup? Like what firmware are you using? What power supplies are you using?

ok have now done that

Hi @Lintush,

did the issue persist all this time??
Once I’ve seen such issue with one old radio that had moisture inside. But it is uncommon scenario cos radios have good insulation.
You can raze a support ticket and our engineers will try to isolate it on a remote session