ePMP 1000 WiFi mode

Ste, are you asking if you utlilize 2 separate radios, if one could be set up to be a client and the other one setup as an access point?  If that is your question, then it depends on whether cambium adds AP wifi mode, which they say they plan on.  If they do the answer would be yes.

@Chris_2 wrote:

Ste, are you asking if you utlilize 2 separate radios, if one could be set up to be a client and the other one setup as an access point?  If that is your question, then it depends on whether cambium adds AP wifi mode, which they say they plan on.  If they do the answer would be yes.

Yes. That was my Idea. 2 separate Radios Back2Back connected by a Patchcable and running from one power supply.

I had a chance to do a little testing tonight and still no luck.  I reset the radio to defaults and tried connecting to a mikrotik home router and it would not connect.  I'll email the config file and I did notice in the wireless tab under network entry state it said "subscriber module disconnected - AP initiated"

I did some more testing.  This time with a new SM in case the other one was faulty.  Straight out of the box I upgraded to 2.3 and then tried to connect to the mikrotik router.  I even took security off the router to rule that out as an issue.  No luck.  It still won't connect.

Does anyone have wifi mode working and if so what are you connecting to?

Does anyone have wifi mode working with a 2ghz SM?

What I would really like to see is support for wifi AP mode (hotspot).

We have great need for cheap outdoor AP's and its much better to use only one vendor in this enviroment/scenario.

Idea is to put one ePMP radio in Canopy mode and plug in second (trough second port via patch cable) in wifi AP mode.

When AP mode will be avaliable for ePMP devices? 

Any chances that this will hit 2.4 Dec.2014 release?

3 Likes

Chris,

Have you tried to do this in NAT mode? In this forum, the latest issue pinned to the top talks about a problem in bridge mode with some standard WiFi devices. We have verified things to work with UBNT products in standard wifi.

Dzevad, you are 100% correct.

Cambium, it's time for ePMP-WiFi AP

Sepoe

2 Likes

you can simple cross the brown and blue pairs to change the power to everyone elses 24v power. 24v isn't standard POE but lots of other venders use it.

cambiums been using that 24v model for 14 or so years.... from the orignal PMP gear before wifi B was even around

Hi.  We use these Crossover jumpers.  Data stays on the same data pairs, but Blue/brown powers cross over.

http://tycononline.com/poe-xover-s-poe-voltage-shielded-crossover-cable/

OH, and +1 for an AP being able to do AP WiFi mode Cambium guys. :)

Anyone else having problem with Standard WiFi support?  I try to connect an SM with 2.4.3 to a Rocket M5 using the configuration on the inserted picture, but I could not force the SM to connect to it, it says Rejected - Reasons Unknown. If I try to disable the security, and use open , then it connects, but did not show any RX/TX value on the Rocket, and also no traffic passing through my laptop (which is connected to the SM) to the UBNT AP. On the UBNT side at the log, I see the following:

May 28 18:24:34 wireless: ath0     MLME-AUTH.indication(addr=00:04:56:cd:b0:9d)
May 28 18:24:34 wireless: ath0     Registered node:00:04:56:CD:B0:9D
May 28 18:24:34 hostapd: ath0: STA 00:04:56:cd:b0:9d IEEE 802.11: associated
May 28 18:24:37 hostapd: ath0: STA 00:04:56:cd:b0:9d WPA: PTK: Failed to receive EAPOL-Key msg 2/4 response, all tries exhausted.
May 28 18:24:37 wireless: ath0     Sending deauth to 00:04:56:cd:b0:9d. Reason: 4-way keying handshake timeout (15).
May 28 18:24:37 wireless: ath0     STA-TRAFFIC-STAT mac=00:04:56:cd:b0:9d rx_packets=0 rx_bytes=0 tx_packets=4 tx_bytes=428
May 28 18:24:37 wireless: ath0     Expired node:00:04:56:CD:B0:9D
May 28 18:24:37 hostapd: ath0: STA 00:04:56:cd:b0:9d IEEE 802.11: deauthenticated due to local deauth request
May 28 18:24:37 hostapd: ath0: STA 00:04:56:cd:b0:9d IEEE 802.11: disassociated

Looks like maybe there's an authentication issue? Maybe try using a different WPA type on the Ubiquiti radio and see if you can find a combination that works with the ePMP radio?

no, if I choose another authentication type, epmp wireless monitor security says not supported.

Did you turn off AirMAX on the Ubiquiti AP?

I ran into this issue myself and got past it. Please send me a screen shot of configuration > security

A.

Also try setting the Country and enabling WDS on the UBNT device.

1 Like

@NOW wrote:
Also try setting the Country and enabling WDS on the UBNT device.

This is correct. WDS must be enabled on the 3rd party AP for an ePMP SM to register in WiFi mode. 

What setting needs to be set on a Mikrotik AP to allow an ePMP to connect in Wifi mode? I have tried putting it into AP Bridge mode with Nstreme turned off but it will not connect. I don't see an option to enable WDS on MT.

A post was split to a new topic: Can ePMP1000 act as subscriber module and WiFi AP?