ePMP 1000i 2.4Ghz Thinks it is a ePMP 1000 Connectorized GPS Sync 5Ghz

We got a call from a customer stating their internet was very slow. Logged into SM (2.4Ghz ePMP 1000i) via the network and everything looked good from a wirless perspective (did not check ethernet statistics). Sent tech out to check things out. Found very poor speeds when wired directly to SM. Also could not access the gui. Replaced unit and everything was good.

Upon techs returning with the unit, I attempted to log into unit using backdoor 169.254.1.1. Had difficulty logging in, but finally got into unit. Unit conneced to core tower, but would not pass data. It also locked up ethernet port on pc to which it was connected. Factory defaulted SM and it now shows it is a 5Ghz ePMP connectorized with GPS sync.

Anyone seen this before? if so, is there a fix?

Did you try clearing your cookies to see if it did the same thing?

2 Likes

If the SM is connected to your tower, there is a very strong possibilty that you are hitting some other radio (in this case a 5 GHz AP) in your network from its LAN side. Technically, the SM should not allow 169.254.1.1 across the wireless interface but this may have been a bug in older releases. What release is the SM running?

2 Likes

Good point Cheree King.  Please try clearing browser cache and cookies. This has tripped me a few times as well. 

Don't think it is browser caching. We do not have any 5Ghz ePMP 1000 Ghz connectorized GPS sync to be cashed in our browser. And SM was not connected to tower. This was after a fresh factory default where only connectons was a pc via the ethernet port, SM not connected to any AP at all. Firmware is 3.5. 

Before factory default, and while connected to the tower, it did not display this issue of confusion. 

@CWB wrote:

Don't think it is browser caching. We do not have any 5Ghz ePMP 1000 Ghz connectorized GPS sync to be cashed in our browser. And SM was not connected to tower. This was after a fresh factory default where only connectons was a pc via the ethernet port, SM not connected to any AP at all. Firmware is 3.5. 

Before factory default, and while connected to the tower, it did not display this issue of confusion. 

Ok, then this could be a hardware failure. The personality of the radio is stored in the EEPROM and something happened that corrupted it. Now its just throwing up garbage to the software which in turn detects the radio type incorrectly. Please open a support ticket at https://www.cambiumnetworks.com/support/contact-support/ so our support engineers can work with you and determine the fault and possibly RMA the unit. 

Sriram

2 Likes

Will open a ticket. Definitely not a cache issue. I never ever use internet explorer, so I loaded gui in IE to eliminate possibility of cache for any insane reason it could have existed, and had the same issue. Tried to reload firmware and got a "Board SKU not supported" error message. 

Thanks