ePMP 2.6-RC13 Beta Release now available

http://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/ePMP-Beta/ePMP-2-6-RC13-Beta-Release-now-available/m-p/47560#U47560

2 Likes

Hi;

Is this available for everyone?  Attempted and it will not allow access.  Or, can we have access to the possible features / bugs corrected or to look for?

Regards.

Same for me, I get:

You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action.

Click your browser's Back button to continue.

Looking through the release notes, I don't see anything that's addressing the strange SM not reachable issue that was introduced after 2.4.3 that occures every 12 hours or so. Are there any fixes for this issue in this release?

1 Like

@GhostRideDaWisp wrote:

Same for me, I get:

You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action.

Click your browser's Back button to continue.

Hi, 

You have to be signed up for the beta program to access the beta release and forum section. Please go here to register for the beta program: https://support.cambiumnetworks.com/files/epmp/beta

Thanks,

Sriram

@Eric Ozrelic wrote:

Looking through the release notes, I don't see anything that's addressing the strange SM not reachable issue that was introduced after 2.4.3 that occures every 12 hours or so. Are there any fixes for this issue in this release?

Hi Eric, 

We don't have a resolution yet to the issue and we continue to investigate. Release 2.6 was developed independent of the issue invesitgation. We have a significant effort underway to root cause and resolve the issues referenced by Sakid in that forum post. We fully intend to cut a point release once the bugs are resolved.

I'm very sorry for the trouble this is causing you. I will hit you up offline to see if you can help test a fix once we have it. 

Thanks,

Sriram

1 Like

" that's addressing the strange SM not reachable issue "

Ok I'm confused . The wording there appears to be talking about the problem where the  SM loses network connectivity, becomes unreachable, but return to working if you force them to reconnect (boot them off the AP) or reboot the AP.  However the link goes to is posts about the AP's becoming unreachable/crashing and requiring a reboot.

So are these two problems considered the same ? We never had a problem with the APs becoming unreachable or crashing but have had to downgrade all our APs to 2.3.4 (could probably use 2.4.# but haven't tried it) because random SM's will suddenly stop passing traffic and become unreachable. At first we was just rebooting the affected AP but after posting here about it we discovered we could just kick the radio and it would work fine when it came back up.

If they are different problems does anyone know if the unreachable SM problem is fixed in this release ?

@brubble1 wrote:

So are these two problems considered the same ? We never had a problem with the APs becoming unreachable or crashing but have had to downgrade all our APs to 2.3.4 (could probably use 2.4.# but haven't tried it) because random SM's will suddenly stop passing traffic and become unreachable. At first we was just rebooting the affected AP but after posting here about it we discovered we could just kick the radio and it would work fine when it came back up.

If they are different problems does anyone know if the unreachable SM problem is fixed in this release ?

I believe both of these issues are related and both were introduced in firmware rev 2.5. As mentioned is Sri's prior post, these issues are not addressed in the latest 2.6-RC13 beta.