Epmp 2000/3000 software

Is there an timeline update for the software that will allow ePMP 2000 and ePMP 3000 to talk to each other? I'd like to make a large per-order for the 3000 gear, but I do need it to be interchangeable with 2000 equipment.

1 Like

I know (and appreciate) that Cambium is loath to give timelines - lest those slip and people are disappointed. But, like wavenetwireless - I'd like to make our next SM order to be mostly Force300's, so the reverse question... timeline (guesstimate) for when the Force300's will be talking to ePMP1000 & ePMP2000 AP's?  :) 

@wavenetwireless wrote:

Is there an timeline update for the software that will allow ePMP 2000 and ePMP 3000 to talk to each other? I'd like to make a large per-order for the 3000 gear, but I do need it to be interchangeable with 2000 equipment.

Can you give some example of the rolls you'd like these radios to be compatible in? There's been backwards and forwards compatibility discussed in the following rolls:

• ePMP 3000 AP in legacy/compatibility mode being able to talk to ePMP1000/2000 in client mode.
  • F300 (and other future Cambium AC radios) in client mode being ablet to talk to ePMP 1000/2000 in AP mode.

I haven't heard/read anything about an F300 for instance, being used in AP mode allowing 1000/2000 clients... or again for instance, an ePMP 2000 AP being used by a 3000 in client mode.

Eric,

These are the exact features i'm interested in.

• ePMP 3000 AP in legacy/compatibility mode being able to talk to ePMP1000/2000 in client mode.
  • F300 (and other future Cambium AC radios) in client mode being ablet to talk to ePMP 1000/2000 in AP mode.

Just interested if the firmware will released when I actually get my hands on the 3000 AP gear, which looks like late December or mid January. I also have a few questions about how that will all work performance wise, but I haven't seen any chatter on any forums from people currently using it, i'd imagine theres a NDA in place currently.

We would also like to start ordering the F300 but it has to be able to connect back to the 2000. 

@Ryan Ray wrote:

We would also like to start ordering the F300 but it has to be able to connect back to the 2000. 

The F300 to backwards compatibility is currently in closed beta... so yes... people are actively working and testing this out. I'd expect a beta very soon either just before or at the time ePMP 3000 starts shipping, which should be end of Nov.

That’s all I was looking to find out, that it was closeish and not 6+ months away. Put in the pre-order today.