ePMP 2000 GPS firmware version not available.

It does not seem so rare any more. I have two APs with this problem now when upgrading to 3.5.6... The biggest problem is that I have to be in the same subnet (with my computer) as antenna... not qul from my side, I have to drive 150km away to be able to do that.

EDIT: It did not happen when upgrading to 3.5.6. AP stopped transmiting due to a lost GPS sync and I tried to upgrade software from 3.5 to 3.5.6 so I can upgrade GPS software as well, but I can not upgrade GPS, as GPS is in "Not Available" state.

EDIT 2: I fixed one of them with taking the power out (via PoE switch) for a minute and choose Internal, so I got the option to upgrade GPS software. After upgrade everything is working just fine. :) 

2 Likes

You must have upgraded a sector antenna with a subscriber module firmware(NonGPS firmware)

Hi, is there still no upgrade/update for this? I am getting the message below.

On-Board GPS Chip requires a firmware upgrade. Please go to the Tools->Software Upgrade->GPS Firmware Upgrade subsection to perform the upgrade.

Version - AXN_3.20_8174

Have you tried upgrading the GPS firmware?

The GPS firmware is included inside the main firmware, so just load the same package into the GPS and see how that goes. BTW - upgrading the GPS can take a LONG time, so don't interrupt it.

1 Like

Just wanted to add that it can easyly take 10-15 minutes for the GPS upgrade. That is the reason why it is not done as a part of a regular firmware update procedure.

Dmitry

00:02:48 On-Board GPS Chip requires a firmware upgrade. Please go to the Tools->Software Upgrade->GPS Firmware Upgrade subsection to perform the upgrade.

×00:03:11 Initializing GPS Firmware Upgrade…

×00:03:13 GPS Firmware Upgrade in progress… Loading Firmware to On-board GPS.

×00:03:46 Error. General error of upgrade process.

Tried loading the Firmware to the GPS. 4.5.6 is what the Radio is currently on. Getting this error message now

You must hard power cycle the radio before attempting the gps firmware update. A temp work around is to go to the radio settings tab. Under the synchronization tab, select Internal(no gps). It will at least get the customers back up.

1 Like