ePMP 3000 can use EdgePoint (ubnt)

Hi

I just installed ePMP 3000,
I am looking for ways to make the power adapter simpler, can I use EdgePoint (ubnt)? and whether the cable structure has to be changed, I use a loose cable

download.jpg

straight.jpg

Thanks

The ePMP 3000 AP will power just fine off of the two-pair 48v POE from the edgepoint.  If you want to power a force 300 you will need to swap the blue and brown pairs on one end of the cable and run 24v passive.

1 Like

You don't need to swap the blue and brown pairs on the more recent Force 300's. Only the early 300-25 seem to have required that, the last batch I got run fine on a ubnt PoE.

@Jacob Turner wrote:

The ePMP 3000 AP will power just fine off of the two-pair 48v POE from the edgepoint.  If you want to power a force 300 you will need to swap the blue and brown pairs on one end of the cable and run 24v passive.

1 Like

I haven't been so lucky yet.  All of them I've received have been reverse polarity only.

1 Like

The first build of the Force300s were powered only by the reverse power supply that come with them. All the Force300’s made since about May 2018 are power polarity agnostic. Here is the how you can tell the build.

>Check 3rd and 4th letters on the MSN
>Example: E6UE02KRCLXX
>Force300 devices with older MSNs (3rd & 4th letters of UD or earlier) will support reverse polarity only, while MSNs of UE and later will support both power polarities.

2 Likes

I can add to this that the 3000L works normally on the 24V passive ports of the EdgePoint.