ePmP 3000 GPS

Hi all,

Just been monitorin my gps on a epmp 3000 radio...logged into the radio and noticed the gps icon was red... 0 visible and 0 tracked for satellites.. a minute later the icon turned green and then it was 22 visible 21 tracked.  Is it normal for it to go in and out?

for 3000L so far, yes. to help use a gps puck mount below the radio facing south and set your guard interval to about 4800 or longer if you can tolerate a fair amount of sync drift.

I have the gps puck in the designed spot in the top of sector antenna

1 Like

Depending on what firmware version you are running there are several bugs related to GPS that affects different radios differently.  I know one version of 4.x would cause it show it was losing sync when it wasn't. I belive another causes 3000L's to actually lose sync.  Having the Spectrum Analyzer on can host a ton of odd problems, including losing sync...  

I sync over power whenever possible as the onboard GPS of every ePMP from 1000 to 3000 has been completely unreliable for us. In 13 years we have never had a single problem with Motorola/Cambium radios and Sync over power other than the GLONAS thing recently that caused us to have to reboot our sync injectors.  With ePMP onboard sync is guaranteed to fail at some point for some reason...

2 Likes

Thank you brubble!  What is the sync over power called?  Is it 3rd party or a cambium product?  we are using freq reuse so ill glady switch to something that can be reliable

@DigitalMan2020 wrote:

Thank you brubble!  What is the sync over power called?  Is it 3rd party or a cambium product?  we are using freq reuse so ill glady switch to something that can be reliable

There are a few manufacturers but our favorite is Packetflux.

1 Like

Thank you, appreciate it.. I have heard of them.

We use packetflux also it works really well as a power source for the radios (so less stuff in the cabinet) and a sync source.  Just make sure you pay attention to the different versions of sync/power injectors (there 3 I believe) as at least one is made for older motorola/cambium radios.

However keep in mind 3000L can not be synced via power and I guess MP 3000 can't do sync at all.

Thank you everyone... over at packet flux what device am I looking at for the epmp 3000?

@DigitalMan2020 wrote:

Thank you everyone... over at packet flux what device am I looking at for the epmp 3000?

Rackinjector w/Cambium sync modules.

1 Like