Epmp 3000 Help

I was having troubles with the gps puck not working properly (new site turn up while waiting for more packetflux equipment) so I did some research and found that these are supposed to be orientated based on the face of the gps antenna. Since they are a wide angle antenna, pointing up just means they can receive unwanted signals (cellular) which can over load the electronics of this active antenna. Placing them on the tower leg facing south (keep in mind I am above the 49th parallel) focused the receive direction towards the gps satellites and blocked most of the interference sources causing poor performance.

By default we set the hold-off timer to 7200 on all APs including backhauls, if we find that a particular radio needs more time for some reason we add more but found 2hrs to be enough, we do have a couple radios that seem to not process the sync properly and this gives it enough to ensure the missing sync timing doesnt shutdown the radio. On onboard gps systems, this is more important as too short of a hold-off will shutdown the radio if a few sync pulses are not generated in time

Makes perfect sense… looks like I have some pucks to take out of the sector antennas and place then properly… thank you.

I tried the 7200 on one radio and the gps turned off and stayed off.

That is odd as this isnt a hold state off timer but a wait and see timer. If GPS turns off, you may need to power cycle the radio with the new settings.

I did set to 7200 and synch did not go off after I rebooted device. Thanks!

@Douglas_Generous if this happens will the logs display it? would the web UI gps status indicator turn to red?

Hi all, in the performance tab of the ePMP3000 if I have good downlink modulation but not the greatest uplink modulation then the interference is at the AP on the tower? And this could either be self or outside interference?

Not necessarily, poor uplink levels and or modulation could be that you are not on the center of the rf path but on a side lobe or reflection. Try slowly moving the antenna around a bit more and see if you can get a signal with a better SNR.
Remember, side lobes and reflections can be much stronger than the correct signal but only thebcorrect signal will have a good SNR at both ends.

Are you referring to moving the SM to get a better SNR?

Yes,

Twenty characters to get by the minimum post length requirements

1 Like