ePMP 3000 Poor Uplink performance

You have to switch all of them to avoid UL/DL overlap that produces self interference.

Thank you.

Any plans to release 65/35 on 1000/2000 line?

We don’t have plan introducing variable TDD ratio on 11n APs so far.
But 11n SMs support variable TDD ratio in case they are connected to 11ac APs.

Thank you.

Hi. I know you mentioned earlier that you hate to do beta on production units – which I get. BUT, IMHO, if you’ve got a situation where you’re against the wall, what do you have to lose by trying it?

Besides, there’s a big difference between ‘early private beta’, and 4.6-RC35 (Release Candidate 35). When you start to get that deep into the Release Candidates, it’s starting to get pretty well baked most of the time, with obvious show stoppers all squished.

For us – we haven’t seen what your seeing. We haven’t seen performance tanking on upload like that. I can also tell you we’ve been running 4.6-RC35 across several 3000L and 3000 AP’s, and a couple hundred F300 SM’s and I don’t see any deal breakers - certainly not in upload performance.

Here is an example:
Normal Download on this AP seems to be about 130 Mbit, depending what clients are doing.
Running tests to a couple of the best clients, Download goes to ~420 Mbit
Of that 420 Mbit, about 350 of that is MU-MIMO.
ON THE UPLOAD TEST - THIS AP DOES ABOUT 70 MBIT… way way more than 1-3 Mbit. :slight_smile:

MU-MIMO_and_UPLOAD_throughput_Dec_2020_001

2 Likes

what distance, what channel size I assume 80mhz and how many customer per AP?

No no, this is a 3000 with the 4x4 sector, and in 40Mhz wide channel.
Actually, since this testing was done, we are now on 4.6.1-RC firmware, with even better results.

465 Mbit aggregate in a 40Mhz channel
390Mbit TX with MU-MIMO + 75Mbit RX.

So to answer some anticipated question:

• YES, these are good clients, with good signals in the high 50’s, with all chains at -60 or better.
  • YES, these clients I tested to are all DS9/DS9 modulations
  • YES, they are closer than our average. This AP has clients up to 9 KM, but these test clients are within 2 km
  • YES, we’ve got a fairly clean channel. But there are two competitors and there are 100’s of routers and whatnot around. There’s still lots of noise, but we have worked to find the best we can.
  • NO, this isn’t using the BSA Panel. This is with an ePMP3000 and the 4x4 Cambium Sector.

The point of the thread was ‘Poor Uplink Performance’, and the OP said he/she was getting 1-3Mbit upload, so I wanted to post that we get 70 (or 75Mbit) upload. I just wanted them to know that 1-3 isn’t normal… something is broken with their setup or environment or something.

BUT, as an aside…Yes, this also shows that MU-MIMO can absolutely kick a$$. And with Forward/Backwards compatibility, when the ePMP4000 ships in a year or whenever, it’ll be 8x8 MU-MIMO. I think MU-MIMO is the way of the future.

1 Like